PDA

View Full Version : How to tell the progress of conversion?

geekymamaw
07-04-2008, 04:13 AM
Is there any way to tell how the progress of the conversion is going? How much left, etc? I have noticed some flv that I caught with media catcher seems to take hours to finally convert to my ipod. I just wondered if there is a way to see what has been accomplished or is it stuck? I have checked the box flv in Direct show, I have tried to put the latest codecs into the directory. I picked "normal" setting instead of "low" I'm not sure what else to do to speed up the conversion.

craig78681
07-04-2008, 05:11 AM
I just open Windows Explorer, go to the target directory and watch the size of the target file grow by pressing F5 (Refresh) periodically.

geekymamaw
07-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Thanks for your reply. I did try that but the coverted file won't show in Windows explorer target folder until it is complete. Right now I am converting a flv file and the converter says it is converting, but nothing in the target folder. I cancelled the conversion and a partial file showed in the target folder at the end. It's really strange because I am sure I was able to watch the file in progress before. It would be nice to see "percentage complete" or something like that. I tried the new Beta 3.0 and am getting the same thing.

Cheryl Wester
07-04-2008, 02:02 PM
We hope to offer that in a future version. Thanks. If you continue to have a problem converting contact tech support. Include a copy of your log file so they can see what is going on.