PDA

View Full Version : Vista and Music Replay 3.6 with Rhapsody

cap3344
06-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Upgraded from 3.5 to 3.6 two weeks ago when tagging stopped working (again). Worked for a few days then I noticed my system came to hard stop ( w/ Rhapsody web). Played whole "album" on Rhapsody w/o Music Replay - was fine. Tried recording with Replay - dead in the water. Tried Rhapsody Client (doesn't tag) and got a couple of recordings. But now, found my system dead again. No errors - just frozen screen, mouse, keyboard, or just black screen. Didn't check event log (next time). Doing System restore back before the 3,6 install.

Been a Vista user for several years, only since Gracenote was swapped out have I had problems. I go back to RM 2.5 under XP - worked flawlessly.

I love the concept and have nearly 10,000 tracks recorded, so this is my bread and butter application on a (almost) dedicated Media Center Vista (32 bit) system that drives my iTunes on 500Gb NAS. ::confused:

Cheryl Wester
06-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm recording right now with Rhapsody on my Vista machine. I am using the web based version and it is recording without a problem with the web based version. Out of 13 songs it didn't tag 2 and when I selected the song and selected tag again they were tagged correctly. Please try again. Always go to the web after you select Start Recording with our program.

a-f
07-07-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm having the same problem--not recording from the web based version!

What to do?

Cheryl Wester
07-08-2009, 08:57 AM
If you are still having an issue please contact tech support. Also, do make sure you are using the latest version of the program. If one version of Rhapsody doesn't work for you try the other. Most people have better success with the web based version but since each system is different give the other a try.

mikelly
07-15-2009, 12:57 PM
I am having similar problems as mentioned above. Although I am running XP on the machine, i have tried my Vista machine as well.

If i run from rhapsody program, i get all the songs with no tags, for the obvious reasons mentioned earlier...it does not work.

If i run Rhapsody from the web, it tags fairly well, but, rhapsody also seems to quit playing after a while (sometimes 3 songs, sometimes 10 songs, etc.. and replay seems to be waiting for the next song to play so it can record it. That seems to be the most common. I have also seen where ZReplay music locks up, but not as common as the locking of the web based Rhapsody.

ANy thoughts??

Is there any link between the rhapsody web and the rhapsody dowload wrt versioning?

I have tried recording the radio channels directly, i have tried creating a playlist of songs first, and recording from that. several other variants as well.

mikelly
07-15-2009, 06:26 PM
although it defies the "preached law" about opening replay music first.

From my previous post, where no matter what i tried, it seemd like rhapsody (web based) would "prevent me from recording more than 5 songs, and would freeze up, constantly.

If i did not have replay music started, it would play forever. Seemed like "something" was detecting presence or some sort of inteference.

So playin around, I started the web basd rhapsody, then started replay music, so far it has recorded 80 in a row, with 85% tags. I am running this on one of my XP machines, will get around and try it on Vista sometime soon.
FYI