PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music and Slacker Radio

iceshots
06-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Has anyone had any success recording from Slacker Radio? I cannot get RM to "hear" the feed from Slacker.

I have started RM properly, and even went to the Appian streaming page through the "record from website" button. If I select Pandora or Last.FM, RM records properly. If I change the site to slacker, it stops hearing the feed. Moving back to Pandora and it hears it again?

Same audio driver. Same browser. Same browser tab. What is different with Slacker??

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl Wester
06-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Slacker works best with Replay Media Catcher (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php). Give it a try.

iceshots
06-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Just downloaded the trial of Media Catcher to try with Slacker. It captured fine but I got some of the same problems that others reported with Slacker and MC. So this does not seem to be an adequate solution.

I also noticed that in the MC forum it is recommended to use RM with Slacker. Conflicting advise from Appian tech support is confusing.

In another thread it was mentioned that some people had a problem with Slacker and RM when using IE, but it worked in Firefox.

I just fired up RM and then accessed Slacker using Chrome instead of IE. RM is now capturing the feed from Slacker. There seems to be a conflict between RM, Slacker and IE.

Cheryl Wester
06-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated it.