PDA

View Full Version : RAV extended login for XM

melanchete
06-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Can you pass on to the developer. It is taking roughly 200 seconds from the point of logging in to play the content. It looks like RAV only allows 60 seconds to connect and either stream or play the content or RAV tries to save an empty or zero bite session.

Can we get the developer/programmer to give us the ability to change the delay prior to closing the connectoid session? Longer than 60 seconds and more like 200 seconds?

Cheryl Wester
06-26-2009, 06:27 AM
You have already posted this in another forum area. Please don't cross post on us. Thanks.

melanchete
06-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Admonishment taken.

This is a product enhancement. Removed my x-posting in the RAV section.

Idea lagerstätten

melanchete
06-26-2009, 05:18 PM
The developer is aware of the issue with the station. Thanks.

The developer may be aware of the issue, but is there any intention to add this as an option in the near future so we (the affected) can use our Applian product?

lagerstätten

Cheryl Wester
06-26-2009, 06:16 PM
That is not up to me but up to the developer. A suggestion is to use audio capture as this does appear to be an isolated case as other stations stream capture beautifully off of XM and Replay AV.

melanchete
06-27-2009, 01:39 AM
If Applian pays the developer, then Applian has a say in what work is to be done. I really did not ask for your personal opinion; I was asking for the Applian party answer if there was any intention to modify the connectoid. The connectoid issue should be adjustable as the silence and re-tune timers are already part of the interface. The inability to adjust the connectoid timer is one of the following: poor planning, short sightedness or just laziness.

Maybe this is an isolated issue for XM 202 but there are other channels that are affected i.e.: 44. Work with us and not push it as it is an XM issue, and tell us to run away... and bother them. Sure this is an XM issue but it is exacerbated by the developer's connectoid. Take ownership, as part of the issue is XM and part is the connectoid. Sure it takes up to 200 seconds to connect an listen, but who stated that 60 seconds was the absolute definitive rule for connectoid? It's Applian's product and so Applian should take ownership for Applian's piece. Sure I am working with XM to resolve this for "me", but each and every user that is affected, will have to go through the same with XM to resolve this issue or/and XM might not fix it...

You talk about using audio capture, this would be great if it was a direct stream, but it is through a Java script window with many redirects. So just punching down an IP address and recording what you hear won't work. The connectoid is limited to 60 seconds, your suggestion requires me to manually intervene for each and every recording. I am not using an XM receiver, and if I was there would not be an issue. What makes this even more difficult is that I am running Vista 64bit.

I rarely ever see ideas or fixes come from this forum sub group.

Thank you for the Laissez-faire support.

Cheryl Wester
06-27-2009, 09:51 AM
I have addressed this to you elsewhere. Thanks.

glenngans
06-29-2009, 03:39 PM
I have addressed this to you elsewhere. Thanks.

Hi Cheryl, I also emailed you about this issue. Although you might have addressed this to melanchete elsewhere I have not gotten any response other than the developers are aware of this.

I purchased Replay AV only for the purpose of recording XM202 for replay at a later time. I subsequently purchased the upgrade to the newer version to continue to support the product which was meeting my needs.

What is the point of these forums if the solutions are not discussed. Melanchete can you kindly post your solution for recording 202? I have been several weeks without being able to record.

Cheryl it would be helpful for you to post actual definitive answers as to what if anything is being done to rectify this? Recording a live stream is not possible for me, I am not around to initiate the XM stream and my computer times out the connection after about an hour of not touching the XM applet.

I look forward to hearing about a solution.

kflanaga
06-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Can we get an update on this issue? I too, purchased this product and several of it's upgrades for this purpose. Seems like there is an easy software fix that is not occurring?

Cheryl Wester
06-29-2009, 06:22 PM
At the present time you need to use audio capture for this as it will not work with streaming due to the time that particular station is taking to log in. The developer is aware of this issue and I have not heard what is planned regarding this. If there is going to be an update for this isolated channel it will be posted. Thanks.

kflanaga
06-29-2009, 06:46 PM
It doesn't seem to work with audio capture either.

melanchete
06-30-2009, 07:07 AM
I think that I might have gotten someone's attention at XM. Today 06/30/2009 I connected and we are still recording XM 202. I am waiting for the official response from XM tier 2 support if it is fixed. I still believe that it would be worth the effort to adjust the connectoid. <nuff said>

Cheryl Wester
06-30-2009, 09:54 AM
XM 202 is working for me as well. I had spent a long time with tech support on that end and I'm glad it is working. We will keep our fingers crossed. Thanks.