PDA

View Full Version : Convert DVD to Mpeg2 w/ anydvd & converter = FAILED

gai-jin
06-25-2009, 03:51 AM
I'm trying to use converter to take the video from a dvd and save it as a single mpeg 2 file, so that it can be served to my tivo over the network. I have AnyDVD running. I select "Add DVD" in replay converter, and it shows a few files in the list. I click Go, and it appears to be processing, but then switches to 'Failed'.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Cheryl Wester
06-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Is the DVD copy protected? If so that is probably the reason it won't work for you. If that is not the case please submit a ticket to tech support as we will need to see your log file and obtain additional information from you.

gai-jin
06-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes, it is a commercial DVD, but I have AnyDVD running to remove the protection.

nkkiegem123
06-28-2009, 11:52 PM
hi gai-jin?was your problem solved?? please post you solution if you have one..thanks. http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Cheryl Wester
06-29-2009, 06:26 PM
I talked to the developer and he said it is a bug that he is working on and he hopes to have a newer version that corrects this out in the next month. Please see if it will convert to AVI. I just did a test and did one with AVI and changed the bitrate to 3000. I then burned a DVD with it and it worked fine. It did take two steps but that is away around it. Thanks.

gai-jin
07-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try. At least that way I could use this one program that I've already bought to do the conversion, rather than getting/learning another app.

I want the files in both MPEG2 and h.264, so I can watch them on my tivo or my iphone. Since I'm already doing 2 conversions for that anyway, what is one more? :)