PDA

View Full Version : No tagging luck with new RM

msltechie
06-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Hey everyone. Automatic song tagging no longer works for me. I'm trying to use RM 3.60 on an XP system using Rhapsody. No luck. I've tried using both the web version of Rhapsody as well as the standalone app. I've tried with songs downloaded to my drive and with songs streamed from the web. I have Zonealarm, but I've given full permission to RM across the board. I even tried uninstalling Zonealarm. Any suggestions? It's no fun doing this by hand....
:(

davegl
06-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Tagging seems to be flacky depending on when you use it, and your pc resources available. I did a test
1. 8pm with a bunch of resource intensive apps running. Got 2 out of 40 songs tagged.

2. 10 am on a tuesday morning with nothing else running. Same songs, 33 out or 40 were tagged.

The way around this, is adding another step. Add the untitled tracks to winamp playing now. Select them all, and send to:auto tagging.
I have gotten about 99% acurate tags this way.(the ones not tagged, are pretty obscure tracks) Takes a few more minutes, but until RM gets a new tagging service, this is the best way to get accurate track info.

msltechie
06-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for your reply! I hope you don't mind another question or two. I'm new to Winamp, so pardon me if these questions are basic. I didn't see an option for auto tagging, and there were no hits on tagging in the help section. What is 'winamp playing now', just the main window? thanks again!

davegl
06-24-2009, 09:18 AM
No problem, keep the questions coming. I had never used winamp, and had to figure it out myself.

When you open winamp, chose File - play file (or play folder) and find the files that are not tagged. When they are opened, find the playlist editor(if you cannot find it, select View - playlist editor).

When all the files you want are in this window pane, hightlight them all.
Then right click over the files. Then click... sent to:, then..auto tag.
Should be self explanatory from there.

Any more questions, dont hesitate to ask....

msltechie
06-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Dave, you da man! Worked like a charm.... Thanks again.

Cheryl Wester
06-24-2009, 04:01 PM
We are working on a new update to music. It is going to have the ability to add a file back into the program in order to retag or to continue recording. We hope to have it out in the next few days. Thanks.