PDA

View Full Version : Convert flv to Avi or WMa

jacobson00
06-21-2009, 02:41 PM
i think this is the correct section
Hi,

Most of my capture with media replay catcher are half captured flv files (incomplete). Meaning they are not complete and there is no way i can captured by program, sometimes i just want 1hrs of a live streaming (perhaps i don't know how to do it with my Media replay catcher)

The converter i have doesn't recognized the flv file because the capture was stopped half way thru (incomplete capture).

Two questions:

1-is there a way to just setup MRC to capture like 2 hrs of a live tv show so i can later be able to convert from flv to another files
2- is there a software that can still allow me to convert my flv converted file even though the capture was not complete.

I have version 2.01

Thanks

nkkiegem123
06-21-2009, 07:43 PM
is your software updated with the latest version?http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

jacobson00
06-23-2009, 02:21 PM
what is the latest version , i brought Media replay version 2.01.

is there a an update patch?

jacobson00
06-25-2009, 06:46 PM
i just want to be able to convert partial captured to another format.
can anybody help please

Cheryl Wester
06-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Are you using Replay converter or the converter that is in the Media Catcher. They are two different converters so if it is the other I would need to transfer this to the other forum.

sadsac
07-01-2009, 04:17 AM
i think this is the correct section
The converter i have doesn't recognized the flv file because the capture was stopped half way thru (incomplete capture).

The problem is probably that a live stream file that is captured via replay media catcher is different than downloading a fixed-sized file via replay media catcher.

What happens is the download of a live stream doesn't have the timecode data to allow a converter program to progress through the file for conversion.

See this post: https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=2026

You may be able to insert timecode data into the saved live stream file, as described in the above post. But it is not always so easy.

Sometimes, 'format factory' will transcode a file that has no timecode data. But you may have trouble converting live streams regardless of what you try.

Maybe you can provide a link to a sample clip so it can be checked to see if it has timecode data.

jacobson00
07-02-2009, 09:17 AM
it worked!!!!! WOW, i inserted the timecode into the flv.
thanks