PDA

View Full Version : CSPAN 2 Windows Media Version

FredRed
06-17-2009, 08:12 PM
I am unable to record CSPAN in Windows Media. The only option that works is Real Media. However, converting the RM version to WMV is extremely slow.

Any suggestions?

Cheryl Wester
06-18-2009, 12:13 PM
There are a few formats that won't work. A suggestion is to use a play such as Real Alternative with your files. Make sure you are using the latest version of Replay converter as well.

FredRed
06-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I have Real Alternative installed. I also receive an ffmpeg.exe error when trying to convert the CSPAN RM stream. Any solution to that?

Are you able to convert the CSPAN 3 stream to WMV format?

nkkiegem123
06-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Have you tried playing it with Nero player??

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Cheryl Wester
06-21-2009, 01:48 PM
What version of the converter are you using? You might need to update as there have been a lot of changes in streaming formats over the last couple of years.

FredRed
06-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Just downloaded the latest version. I believe the problem is with the CSPAN stream. Can you add the WMP version to the media guide? I tried manually adding it but have had no success.

Thanks.

Nkleszcz
07-13-2009, 08:28 AM
I've not been able to get access to C-Span 2 either. If this has been resolved, can somebody clue me in as to what I need to do? Thanks!

Nkleszcz
07-19-2009, 08:26 PM
An update.

Just received word from tech support here that, contrary to the Replay A/V Media Guide, that Replay A/V, at this juncture, does not work. Not even if you remove Real Player and replace it with Real Alternative. Not even if you purchased an upgraded sound card, like how the instructions encourage you.

No, the tech support here recommends buying WM Recorder instead. But if you have a problem there (who knows?), you can rest assured that the same tech support staff who works with WM Recorder is also here.

Only I still don't have any assurance whatsoever that C-Span 2 can ever be captured.

Cheryl Wester
07-19-2009, 09:14 PM
C-Span has changed the way they are streaming. We have suggested WM Recorder because so far it has been working with this site. Please download it and give it a try and see if it meets your needs. If you have an issue you will want to contact tech support for WM Recorder as the forum is for the Applian product line and not this line. Thanks for understanding.

MarkInSeattle
08-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Recently tried capturing CSPAN video using my WM Recorder version 12.2 without success. The capture window shows the file growing in size as if it is being stored but the download folder never contains the finished file, only a tiny 18k or so entry.

This is very unfortunate.

stream-recorder.com
08-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Recently tried capturing CSPAN video using my WM Recorder version 12.2 without success. The capture window shows the file growing in size as if it is being stored but the download folder never contains the finished file, only a tiny 18k or so entry.

This is very unfortunate.
Have you tried to record in the PRO mode?
It works fine for me, although I've been testing WMR 12.5

Official support forum for WM Recorder (http://stream-recorder.com/forum/wm-recorder-stream-capture-software-f44.html)