PDA

View Full Version : Recording XM stations

zack_dc
06-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi,

I am new to Replay A/V. I am able to record the XM Comedy channel fine. I added another recording line for XM Flight 26. This does not work. It keeps saying unauthorized access. I checked the password. I deleted the entry and re-added. I made sure it has admin priviledge when I run the app. So what is the issue? I am baffled. Anyone has any idea?

Also, is it possible to have multiple concurrent recordings off of XM?

Thanks

Cheryl Wester
07-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi

For some reason we are having a problem with this channel. All others work fine and our developer is looking into it.

You are able to set up more than one recording at a time with stream capture.

ladygator
08-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi -
I am also a Replay AV newbie (had it for a few hours). I've read through the user guide and scanned the forum but can find clues to what I mgiht be doing wrong.

I have an XM Online account and I have not been able to record from most of the XM stations (flight 26, Blend, Top Traccks, ESPN radio, Top 20, etc.). When I try to record I get a Replay status message that reades "error: [1] no mms feed found". The only stations I have had success with recording is decades 70's.

Can anyone help?:confused:

w8lifteraz
10-21-2008, 08:02 AM
I also experience the same problem when attempting to record XM Flight 26. I get "HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized" and have checked the password, re-created the entry, etc. At first I thought I was blocked by IP since I recorded it every day but I am able to listen to the station via the radio player at http://listen.xmradio.com just fine.

Hi,

I am new to Replay A/V. I am able to record the XM Comedy channel fine. I added another recording line for XM Flight 26. This does not work. It keeps saying unauthorized access. I checked the password. I deleted the entry and re-added. I made sure it has admin priviledge when I run the app. So what is the issue? I am baffled. Anyone has any idea?

Also, is it possible to have multiple concurrent recordings off of XM?

Thanks

Cheryl Wester
10-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi

There are a couple of stations the program is not able to capture for some reason or another-we haven't been able to determine what it is. I believe one of this is 2. Please try again by adding the station by going to Record-Record XM. Make sure your password is 11 characters or less. If you do continue to have a problem contact tech support with the information requested and we will look into it for you.

jgatie
10-21-2008, 10:15 AM
XM recently went through a serious channel overhaul in order to incorporate the new Best Of Sirius package and it threw most third party tuners for a loop. I've seen problems like this with other streamers and it has required a new release in order to cure what ails em.

gary2008
02-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi

For some reason we are having a problem with this channel. All others work fine and our developer is looking into it.

You are able to set up more than one recording at a time with stream capture.
Has the issue with Flight 26 been resolved? I'm running 8.44 and having the same problem.

Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
02-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Nope, I'm afraid our program still won't record it. Our developer has looked into this but as of now we are not able to capture this channel.

celinamike
02-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Cheryl,

It appears that your software has a big issue recording certain satellite radio stations and has had this issue for quite some time.

I have purchased your entire software suite and have been reduced to having to record Sirius/XM through download streams. As recently as three months ago, I could have my streams recorded through the pop-up window where I could listen when I wanted as it was recording.

Three months ago, this functionality stopped working, as has been noted in numerous forum posts.

I don't understand why there have been no updates to the software to fix this issue.

I have several questions for you and the staff:

Is this your development teams only job? Yes or No?

If this is not your developments only job, can I get the source code? If so, I can probably ship it to Bangalore India and have this issue fixed in a week or less.

Why can't you address this issue?

What did my "upgrade fee" in December 2008 get me?

When can I/We expect the previous behavior of the software to resume?

I am not trying to be rude, but your previous answers have been less than satisfactory. I am forced to post on the forums to get a true response and let others know that there is a severe performance issue with your software.

Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
02-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Every stream is a little different. Most people feel that capturing with stream capture is superior to doing an audio capture. They consider that an improvement as the quality is identical to the original stream. Sirius has changed the way they stream and if you do an audio capture then you are limited to 90 minutes prior to getting the "Are you Listening" notice.

When you log in and stream capture it is a login. Most accounts have only 10 logins a day. When you split a file that counts as a separate login as the stream is cut and you need to be logged in again. When you try and listen at the same time that also counts as a separate login. We do our best to improve our programs and keep up with all of the technology. When a site changes we make changes as we are able to. In some cases we are not able to make the changes that some of our clients want.

When you upgraded you received a lot of improvements in the Replay Converter portion of the program. We added many different formats and also the ability to burn a DVD or a CD directly from the Converter. We also added the ability to extract only a portion of a file instead of converting the entire file. You were not required to upgrade and that was entirely up to each individual-Thanks.

celinamike
02-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Cheryl,

You are technically correct but what you ignore is that your software did do audio capture until approximately three months ago. This was/is the preferred method for a lot of people.

Do you plan on fixing this?

If not, your upgrades, for which I paid a fee, are useless.

Again, can you please answer these questions?

Is this your development teams only job? Yes or No?

If this is not your developments only job, can I get the source code? If so, I can probably ship it to Bangalore India and have this issue fixed in a week or less.

Why can't you address these issues?

When can I/We expect the previous behavior of the software to resume?

Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
02-23-2009, 11:22 AM
No, you are not able to get the source code. The developers do a lot of different work within the company.

You are able to capture doing audio but it limits you to 90 minutes. We do not plan to change this at this time. XM and Sirius changed what they do and it is not as simple as it was prior to the changes they made.

What was on the upgrade was mentioned prior to purchasing it and it never mentioned changed to the way you capture Sirius or XM.