PDA

View Full Version : Ripped Video appears corrupt /won't play in media players.

Alicia
06-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Hello there and Congratulations for this great little app. :)
I have a problem with a particular video.
What happens is although I'm able to rip it there are various things wrong with the video I get on the hard drive.

1.It can't be played with media player classic, bs player and not even VLC while it seems to be a casual flv file.

2. I can only open it with Applian video player and I figure that when I do
although the video in the question is 07:54 the time counter in applian player is messed up NOT showing up the correct time and shows lets say, that only 10 seconds have passed when in reality its been 25. Although nothing from the original video is missing that results in ending in 05:44 and then stucking and freezing till it reaches the original 07:54 mark.

3. When I tried to convert it into something else like wmv or mp4 hoping that maybe those problems would get fixed and also i'd be able to play it in every other player, i get a video with video/audio synch problems :(
It looks like the video is going faster while audio remains the same.
My guess is that happens because of what I explained in 2. :confused:
It appears like its incomplete or smth thus unreadable.

So yeah, I wonder If I'm doing something wrong or I should mess with plug in settings or smth while I m ripping the video.
The video in question is this:

http://tv4play.se/aktualitet/nyhetsmorgon?videoId=1.1027715&selId=1.923808&currPage=0&renderingdepartment=2.34562

I would really appareciate a solution, cause I want to be able to view this video with all other players and also share it with the community.
Thanks alot!

castalla
06-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi!

I just recorded the link you gave - it recorded okay and plays in VLC.

Have you tried it a second time?

Did you adjust the FLV timestamp to about 20 for audio sync? See Tools - Capture RTMP streams - Plug-in options.

Alicia
06-17-2009, 07:19 PM
^ Thanks alot for your answer. :)
I tried recording again and again but the result is always the same.
Adjusting the FLV timestamp to 20 just resulted in having some less "Dead" seconds meaning, the video stucks later. What is that setting really supposed to do? The main thing is video wont be played by anything apart the applian player so it really puzzles me how did you manage to record it so it DOES play in VLC and others,cause it doesnt to me.
Do you use any special settings? Do you just leave your browser in the page until the download is done? It just makes no sense to me! As it doesnt make sense why do I get the video/audio sync prob when i try to convert.

castalla
06-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Well, I just use Firefox, connected to the stream you gave, and RMC just captured it. The FLV timestamp is used to synchronize audio with vieo - the default is 15 and I found by trial and error that 20 works fine for me.

Are you using the full paid-for version or the trial?

Beyond that I can't really help - sorry.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

^ Thanks alot for your answer. :)
I tried recording again and again but the result is always the same.
Adjusting the FLV timestamp to 20 just resulted in having some less "Dead" seconds meaning, the video stucks later. What is that setting really supposed to do? The main thing is video wont be played by anything apart the applian player so it really puzzles me how did you manage to record it so it DOES play in VLC and others,cause it doesnt to me.
Do you use any special settings? Do you just leave your browser in the page until the download is done? It just makes no sense to me! As it doesnt make sense why do I get the video/audio sync prob when i try to convert.

Alicia
06-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah I am using the full version, I know the trial one doesnt give you the whole video.
Hm it's really weird cause I dont do anything different than you said, and also it's the only site I have been having problems with. As I ve said all i get is a video which seems like corrupt, would only play with applian player and when that happens it just stucks at the end while timer keeps going, no need to repeat my first message :)
Thanks anyway, I hope you or someone else eventually gets another idea. :)

starmanager
06-27-2009, 04:42 AM
HI I did a test and figure out the server is pretty slow.

May this helps you with your issue.

Best regards

Starmanager