PDA

View Full Version : How did I do it? PSP help???

PAFoxFamily
06-05-2009, 10:54 AM
I have the Replay converter package and I have been converting a few of my grandson's favorite DVD's to his little ipod nano type device. I used an analog hole and converted mpeg2 to avi. All worked great. Recently my grandson got a PSP slim. Here is my problem. Somewhere along the line, I did convert a mpeg2 file to another format and it works on his PSP. For the life of me, I cannot figure out which format I chose. Trying to duplicate my efforts, I have wasted hours.

I am trying to use the best format for converting exsisting AVI files for PSP. The "about video formats" website for "replay Concerter" says that "Play Station Portable" uses "(PSP) MPEG-4...Also MP4 but the settings are set specifically for the Play Station Portable device" but does not mention what those settings specifically are. Under MPEG-4 there are multiple MPEG-4 choices. [AVI (MPEG-4) Smaller Size (100 Kbps), AVI (MPEG-4) Better Quality (200 Kbps), AVI (MPEG-4) Good Quality (450 Kbps), AVI (MPEG-4) High Quality (800 Kbps)...MPEG-4 Smaller Size (100 Kbps)...MPEG-4 (Xvid) Smaller Size (100 Kbps)...MPEG-4 Smaller Size (100 Kbps)...MPEG-4 (.h264) Smaller Size (100 Kbps)...] about 16 choices of MPEG-4. I have tried a bunch and this is eating my time. It takes hours to convert a video...only to have it not compatible.

Question to the FORUM: "What is the SMALLEST Replay Converter format that is compatable with a PSP? Quality is NOT AN ISSUE. Size is.

Thanx in advance. I will keep trying (trial and error) and may end up posting the answer to my own question if y'all don't beat me to it.

kennyq
06-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Hello PAFoxFamily, I'm having the same problem but with me I can't convert anything to PSP format using Replay Converter. Like you I found it very time consuming. Converting using RMC is fine but that was only good for things you have downloaded.

So I decided to think out of the box, and found a way to convert the files I wanted to PSP format using RMC which works wonders if you have it. (That's IF you have it!!!!)

All you have to do is transfer your file to your RMC recording folder, then open RMC go to (Tools, Converter, press refresh) and your file should be in the RMC converter window. Choose PSP High quality and you're good to go!!!

I however brought the Replay Capture Suite so I don't think I should have to do it this way. I should be able to convert whatever I need using RC. It's really a shame as I only purchesed this a few days ago and I'm all ready looking to get a refund. I'd rather have RMC and do all I need then have RC and can't even convert to PSP format.

Let me know if it works for you.

carlobee
07-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Did you say that your son's iPod Nano plays avi video files? All I know is that iPods only play mp4 videos. http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg