PDA

View Full Version : Tagging Question

bdaoust
06-05-2009, 06:01 AM
So, if I am using Rhapsody to record, why can't Replay Music use the meta data that is already available to do the tagging?

Often, I add many different albums to record, and the tagging ends up being different than from the album I selected. (sometimes it is fine)

This is a problem because I never get full albums and have to manually fix all the tags (Album name and track # particularly).

What am I doing wrong? If nothing, how can I make retagging easier?:confused::confused:

micromedia
06-05-2009, 04:18 PM
read this thread and my thanks to maxrenn.

https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=1816&page=2

I use winamp all the time now for all my tagging problems.

maxrenn
06-06-2009, 03:52 PM
You're welcome!!
I hope you use the batch tagging option. You can put dozens of songs at one time and submit them to Gracenote. The percentage of correctly recognized tracks is much higher than with the new service used by Applian's softs.

Happy to have been useful.

Bye.

micromedia
06-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Is that done by adding a directory where you have mp3s to be tagged to the playlist then selecting them all (in the winamp window), right clicking and selecting view file info (Alt+3) then selecting Auto-Tag then OK each time it gets tagged?

Or is there another easier way?

Thanks in advance

maxrenn
06-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Hello, i don't proceed like you. Does it mean you have to click Ok for each
song ? Here's what i do , the songs get all tagged at once, you just click
"apply changes" at the end of the process.

Open Winamp

File

Play folder

Manage playlist

Save playlist

View media library

Playlists + Right click +import playlist from file +select the playlist you've just created

Click on your new playlist in order to make appear the songs on the right window

In the playlist window (on the right at the bottom)
=> "Sel - Select All"
=> "Send to auto Tag"
=> in the "Winamp auto tagger" window :
"check all" and when you have "status : Done" click on "apply
changes"

Bye.