PDA

View Full Version : media catcher 3.01 disable my internet connection..it is a NIGHTMARE..

p060477
06-04-2009, 10:37 AM
hi!
i'm using since many months media catcher 3.01 without any problem..since today..if i start the tool my internet connection fails..to be more precise i am connected..but my browser,firefox 3.01 or ie8 are really not able to reach any pages or urls..then i left media catcher and myr browsers,firefox and ie8 begin to works well..what has happened..??
i've also disinstalled media catcher and re-installed..but is really the same..
it is a real NIGHTMARE..

pls help me..

cheers

giovanni

p060477
06-05-2009, 08:43 AM
hi there..are you all dead..??!!..
no mod..no admin able to a useful reply..??!!
..what a real pity..

Tasha Heinlein
06-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi Giovanni,

I responded immediately to your ticket when you submitted it. This is most likely a compatibility issue. Please keep responses to the ticket - this is the quickest way to get a response. Thank you.

pinkBEAT
06-06-2009, 02:49 PM
I am having the exact same problem. If I brink up Replay Meday Catcher and click try to open a new tab or click a link or click on the home page button nothing happens. I have Firefox 3.0.10 and IE 7. If I close Replay Media Catcher and restart the browser I'm fine. What's going on?

p060477
06-06-2009, 03:35 PM
hi tasha!
..i get it..the new application is a security application to whom i'm very happy too..its name is :"THREATFIRE"..is a security application..when i have shutted it media catcher always stops my browsers..but when i have disinstalled it from my pc then media catcher works well and does'nt stop anymore my browsers..
so now could you pls tell me why this security application:threatfire is in conflict with yr tool..??
i really hope you will be able to solve this matter and to let me run togheter these applications to whom i'm very very happy:media catcher and threatfire!
pls reply usefully!
thanks!
cheers!
giovanni

Tasha Heinlein
06-06-2009, 03:49 PM
You can try adding it to the ignore list. Click Tools>>Settings>>Advanced. In some instances this will allow the two to run simultaneously. This doesn't always work however, and it is not possible for us to make Media Catcher compatible with every other app that exists. I will let the developer know about this issue so that he can look into it further. Thanks!

p060477
06-06-2009, 04:26 PM
hi tasha!
first thanks!
i've followed litterally what you have clearly described..but..really does'nt work..
media catcher and threatfire really are not able to be togheter on a computer..i've also tried to add media catcher to the ignore list of threatfire..but without positive results..the only way is not only to not run these two tools..but i'm forced to disinstalled at least one between threatfire and media catcher to be able to use my browsers..what a NIGHTMARE
pls help us!
thanks!
giovanni

pinkBEAT
06-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I also have ThreatFire.

p060477
06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
that's the problem..
if you disinstalled the threatfire you discover that this inconvenience fade away..but what a NIGHTMARE..is really so impossible to have these two tools TOGETHER on a pc..??!!
thanks
giovanni

pinkBEAT
06-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, uninstalling ThreatFire seems to have done the trick. I hope the issue gets resolved soon or I'll have to start using another product so I can keep my computer secure.

p060477
06-09-2009, 11:53 PM
i really hope that the developers of media catcher will be able to issue a sw that should not be blocked by a security prog like threatfire..
you may say i'm a dreamer..bt i'm not the only one..
giovanni