PDA

View Full Version : Will not covert motogp flv file.

steeeeeve
05-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi.
I recently purchased the replay media catcher to record motogp races in order to watch them later in the day. It worked fine for two races but it would not work on the last race. It did download the the video, but when I would try to convert it, it stopped mid way and said there was a problem. It only converted about 20 minutes of the 1.2 hour video. Also the text on the dialogue box would blink and would lock up. I could not Close it unless I forced quit through task manager. Do you have any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem?
please let me know.
the next race is this coming sunday.
thanks.

REMchamp
05-31-2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah I bought RM catcher and converter for the same reason. I didn't tried to record the live stream of the last round in LeMan but as you say, before that it was working fine. I was usually just recording QP and then downloading the race later in High Res. I'll try recording the race tonight though and let you know how I go.

My main problem is that I can't convert the downloaded races to MPEG 2 DVD quality. All the other highlights and interviews work fine but the races have a different video/audio codec which the converter is not coping with. The Video codec of the races is H.264 with audio AAC, whereas the other clips on motoGP.com are video On2 VP6 with audio MP3.

When I try to convert the races to MPEG 2 the 16:9 ratio of video is squeezed into 4:3 and if I try to convert to any other format like an avi the video is played at double speed with the audio at normal speed.

hopefully tech support will be able to help us out.

Another problem is that motoGP.com has changed the codec of the "after the flag" so that it won't even play on the applian flash video player (or any other media player I've tried) when I've recorded it with RM catcher. It seems to have some gzip compression deal which I haven't been able to do much with.

My aim has been to put all the video content from each motoGP round onto a DVD so that I can watch it on my tele when I want rather than at the PC.

so...it appears I way be too obsessed. Both with motoGP and with the whole recording thing, but that's why I've bought the applian products, so I hope they can do an update soon to correct this problem.

Cheryl Wester
05-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Are you using the converter in Replay Media Catcher or the standalone converter. Thanks.

REMchamp
06-01-2009, 04:36 AM
I've used both the stand alone converter and the converter within RM catcher. I have the latest update for the converter. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. As Steeeeve is, I'm quite keen to resolve this issue.

Cheryl Wester
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Please submit a ticket to tech support with your log file. Include all the necessary information so we can take a look at it.

Telomostro
06-02-2009, 02:08 PM
I am also having the same problem, if I try to convert w/ the integrated converter it gets stuck half way through, I have had more success w/ an app called "********* Video Converter" but I am afraid that The "catching " done by media catcher is inconsistent because the Le Mans race comes out good where the "Muggello" plays back a lil too fast and the dialog is all chopped due to the speed (it looks like you are hiting fast forward)

nkkiegem123
06-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Have you tried to check the compatibility of the software with your computer?Maybe its an incompatibility issue..

flows from heaven to the soul.
http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

steeeeeve
06-15-2009, 04:00 PM
still no luck. have you guys had any luck? I can't get it to convert any of the new races. it still just says converter has stopped. then i get an unplayable file.
i'm a bit upset i dropped $99 and it only worked once.

Brisbane58
06-27-2009, 05:36 PM
I cannot convert the HD downloads, but that seems explained above.

My main problem is that after I have captured the streaming feed live and I try and convert (to any format) it converts to a file with correct name and format but 0 byte length. It didn't happen all the time, only for some in the past, but this weekend at Assen none of the captured FLV files will convert.

I have tried moving the files to different directories and renaming but haven't found anything that works yet.

A fix would be much appreciated.

nkkiegem123
06-28-2009, 11:44 PM
still no luck. have you guys had any luck? I can't get it to convert any of the new races. it still just says converter has stopped. then i get an unplayable file.
i'm a bit upset i dropped $99 and it only worked once.

have tried sending personal msg to our admin?? http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

steeeeeve
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
yes. no luck.

Cheryl Wester
07-05-2009, 06:05 PM
If you continue to have an issue please submit a ticket to tech support. They will need detailed information from you in order to assist. Thanks.