PDA

View Full Version : Poor quality recordings

darbid
05-21-2009, 12:20 AM
I really like this software.

I am coming from a linux OS where I had a litte script that ran each day with a radio stations URL and saved the file in .WAV format.

The main problem with this (and I could not be bothered to code) was that if the connection was unstable the recording would just stop. BUt it worked about 80% of the time.

During the above recordings about or at least 50% of my upload bandwidth was being used.

I changed over to XP MCE and thus can use your program.
I am using the Capture by Downloading Streams.
I am getting a mp3 file which jumps meaning there is no silence but instead of hearing "The weather today will be great with a top of 30 degrees" i get "The will with 30 degrees" like someone had cut up and played with the original track.

My questions is - is there anywhere where I can give Replay priority (at least on this XP computer).

I cannot see anything in Replay AV for my problem - in File>Settings>Tuning I do not see anything there.

What do people do when they have a very slow internet connection?

I have tried Capturing with Audio output which give better results as far as my problem is concerned.

Also do I need itunes or quicktime to convert properly to m4a?

darbid
05-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Just did test capture with the audio output.

I got about 10min of the good stuff
40 min of gobble (16x fast forward9
the rest was silence.

Show went for 2 hours.

DADEO
05-21-2009, 05:36 AM
Are you just listening to audio (radio), have you tried the setting to record just audio from speakers?

darbid
05-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Are you just listening to audio (radio), have you tried the setting to record just audio from speakers?
ahhh sorry if it is confusing but I thought that was what was called capture with audio output.

darbid
05-24-2009, 09:30 AM
am currently getting as much scheduled recorded radio out of this program as I am responses to this forum.

Capturing a stream while the same computer is doing anything else with the internet does not work.

So what do i have to do to make this program work?

darbid
05-25-2009, 02:37 AM
I am really trying to get this to work reliably -

I have done further tests with the capture by audio method.

First test ran for 60min after 5.25min the resulting file is silence
Second test ran for 60min after 12.25min the resulting file is silence

I also tried the splitting of files at 60min intervals. Approx 23 seconds after 60min Replay AV crashes.