PDA

View Full Version : Sound - Audio Issues

ITIMAMOBIWW
05-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Greetings All. :)
I have a Gateway GT5034 = older than dirt
It's running XP - when it runs.
It sports an integrated sound chip.
It has all the latest security patches, software upgrades, etc. - which seems to make MicroSloth happy (yet, some how never quite improves performance)

Be that as it may, there are Issues with Replay Video Capture.
If one diddles the sound in the video window and/or from with in the SoundMan applet the audio stream can be lost.
This upsets RVC.

I have more experience with Replay Media Catcher.
RMC attatches to the Internet stream.
This allows RMC to run in background with less impact on other multitasks.
Unless of course, one tries to stream video with the latest encryption.
If one tries to Catch the wrong type of file, RMC becomes psychotic.
The system becomes so focused on the network stream that it will refuse to shut down.

Replay Video Capture circumvents the copywrite encryption issues by grabbing the images off the screen.
Basically, once the information gets to the screen - it's yours.
You can do what you want with it...
The down side....
Once it gets to the screen, ever other multitasking application can conspire to trash the process.

Where Replay Media Catcher allows one to close the browser once the stream is locked in and recording - Replay Video Capture has to keep the application running.
If nothing reaches the screen, nothing gets recorded.

Downloads can take hours.
So, once one commits to capturing a video, don't plan on doing much else.

Depending on the peculiarities of your video/audio hardware = you can expect interesting video artifacts and anomalous sound effects.
Some older hardware is not supported.
Some new hardware sport standards that only the next update will address.
It's a crap shoot as to where one resides in the process.

DADEO
05-21-2009, 04:10 AM
I don't know if this helps any but, I've had a couple (luclkly they were short) videos record with no sound. I found if I run the audio test in the settings again, the audio returns. The results of the test are always ok. It's starting to be a step I do before I start to record anything lengthy.

nkkiegem123
05-28-2009, 06:29 PM
yes i agree with ITIMAMOBIWW. i also experienced the same problem before and i was really wondering what causes. i also did what he did and for that i had no problems anymorehttp://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

jjmccraty
07-01-2009, 12:37 PM
so I'm having a problem with capture in that all is OK @ first but then when I play back the flash file in WMplayer I notice the sync of the audio to video is off 3/4 of the way in to the recording whether it's a short or long recording, like it slowly goes off. Anyone know what to do here? thnx:(

Cheryl Wester
07-05-2009, 09:06 PM
If you use the universal audio you are able to set up a delay for audio to assist with the syncing issue. Each system is different so you will need to experiment to get what works best for you. Also, make sure you read the hints in that section of the settings.