PDA

View Full Version : Why only Admin rights to use RVC?

ptf18
05-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Just purchased the Suite this past weekend. Had a .....heck...of a time recording a webinar but finally got it.

When I set up the Suite the Wizard ask if if I wanted shortcuts for other users. I checked yes as I was doing the setup under Administrator and really didnt want to use any of the Suite programs while in the Admin account (XP).

When I went to use RVC under my user account it would not let me do so even though there were shortcuts on my DeskTop to the various Suite programs.

Why? If the Wizard ask if I wanted S/C for other users I should of been able to use RVC while in my user account. Now Im reading that these Suite programs only work while in the Admin account.

Am I missing something here?

Jeff Lenney
05-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Good evening,

Replay Video Capture needs to read from the registry in order to select the specific recording areas on your screen (the blue and red squares you're able to drag over the area to record). The only way to grant this access, is to use RVC under admin rights.

You are also correct in that ALL of our suite programs need admin rights, as they need to access to read/write from and to your registry - download/install codecs, etc.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Lisa123
05-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm thinking of purchasing the product to record webinars I watch on line.

I just want to make sure I'll be able to record them with this product, do you know if all webinars will record audio and video?

And this admin registar thing is confusing me. If I'm using from my laptop and recording from there do i have to do something special to record from the admin thing.

Thanks in advance for the reply. Love to be able to review the webinar.

Cheryl Wester
05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Go ahead and download the demo and see how it works for you. The demo will quickly let you know if you like the program. You can check quickly to see if it is going to work for you. Check in the User Accounts to see if you have administrative rights.

stream-recorder.com
08-14-2009, 07:56 AM
And if the only thing you can record is blank screen, just disable hardware acceleration.