PDA

View Full Version : Partial file recorded with low disc space, any chance of recovery?

webdog
05-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Yesterday I was recording a stream with Replay Music 3.5 and when I got back to my PC sometime later it was warning me of low disc space and I found that Replay Music had recorded close to 3gb into a file called Not Recognized-Track6.mp3.wav

I had it set up to record the stream at 128k mp3, so this is probably the raw wave file before it was converted over.

I've tried several programs to try and open this and none work. I was wondering if anyone else ever ended up with a file like this and if they were able to open it up? If so, what program did you use?

Thanks.

webdog
05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
So I saved the file to an external hard drive, in case anyone had any ideas (since the PC was low on storage). I'd really like to use this file if possible.

Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
05-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Are you able to delete the .wav extension and then does it work. That is about the only thing I can think of.

webdog
05-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah I tried that and it didn't work. I know there's a lot of data there, since it's close to 3gb, but nothing seems to open it. I've probably tried between 5 - 10 different software applications and tried changing the extensions to end in either .wav or .mp3 and neither seem to work. :(