PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Extract mp3 from captured .flv (YouTube) video

Rosariods
05-08-2009, 09:26 AM
I recorded a video from YouTube this morning, and attempted to extract the audio in mp3 as per the instructions.. instead of extracting the mp3, I get a message stating that 'x' number of audio frames were extracted, and that 0 of 1 files were converted or something like that. So, I opened Replay Converter and tried to do it that way. It would start, then a window would pop up stating that 0 of 1 files had been converted. I tried converting it to a variety of formats ( I wanted AAC) and qualities with the same result. I have done this before with success, what can I do to get the music from the video?

--Thanks--

Rosariods
05-08-2009, 06:12 PM
I used the converter tool built into the Media Catcher to do it... I wonder why the standard methods and the Replay Converter wouldn't do it though... I have used the Replay Converter many times to convert stuff from youtube to AAC...

stream-recorder.com
01-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Replay Converter allows to extact audio tracks from FLV and other files. Just add a file, right click on it and select "Extract".

Replay Media Catcher has several audio extraction presets allowing to extract MP3 and AAC tracks from YouTube videos as well as other FLV/MP4 videos losslessly:
- Audio Extraction (Extract AAC to M4A)
- Audio Extraction (Extract AAC to M4B)
- Audio Extraction (Extract MP3 to MP3)

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3606/replaymediacatcheraudio.jpg

MP3, M4A, M4B formats are supported by iPod and many other portable players, so in many cases you can avoid conversion and get the best quality.

demotester
06-23-2011, 01:36 AM
whoever wants to extract "MP3" from an *.flv file needs to make sure that the FLV does contain an MP3-file.
FLV is a container, and it can contain any kind of audio (e.g. AAC, MP3, ..).

It it doesnt contain MP3, you cannot extract MP3.

stream-recorder.com
06-23-2011, 04:21 AM
whoever wants to extract "MP3" from an *.flv file needs to make sure that the FLV does contain an MP3-file.
FLV is a container, and it can contain any kind of audio (e.g. AAC, MP3, ..).

It it doesnt contain MP3, you cannot extract MP3.
You are absolutely right. In most cases FLV files contain either MP3 or AAC.