PDA

View Full Version : New feature request for tags

maxrenn
05-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Good afternoon, everybody.
There's a great tagging option in Replay Media Catcher that should be added in Replay Music : asking the music Id database after the recording session for the songs that were not recognized at first.

With RMC about half of the songs are tagged, but when you click on "Rename and/or edit tag info" and then "resolve tag via MusicDns" many of the songs that were not identified at first are correctly tagged !

With Replay Music when you have an unrecognized track you can do nothing about it.
That "resolve tag via MusicDns" option should really be added to RM.

I noticed that the success in tagging tracks (at least for me) depends on some factors : i have less success when :
- i'm surfing the web during the recording
- processor and ram are heavily used by other applications
- i'm also convinced that results are lowered when the
identification server is used by too many users at the same time.

That's the reason why having an option to try tagging later is important.

Sorry for the bad English !! I hope i was understandable enough.
Bye.

maxrenn
05-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Great, with the 3.60 version seems that the feature i wanted !

maxrenn
05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
I've just installed and tried the new version. Just PERFECT !!
When songs were not recognised at first, i tried some time later and i have almost 100% of success.
Many thanks.

JubalEarly
05-26-2009, 09:25 PM
I did not really understand that post about going back to tag unrecognized tracks. Is there a feature to tag unrecognized tracks after recording the tracks?

maxrenn
05-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Yes, when you record a song that's not recognized with RM you end with "track 1 - Artist unrecognized".

When the recording and the conversion to Mp3 is over you right click on that track and you see the option "Tag Track".

The soft connects once again to the database server and it often works.
That's what i said at first; that already exists with Replay Media Catcher.
Sometimes you have to try two or three times in order to tag the song.

BMason
05-27-2009, 07:32 AM
I have tried repeatedly tagging songs with this feature and have about a 10% success rate. This app still needs much work to bring it to the reliability level we had with GraceNote. I hope the Applian developers haven't stopped here.

Cheryl Wester
05-27-2009, 09:44 AM
If you still have a problem let us know what you are recording from? Also, if you continue to have one you might need to contact tech support as a log file might be required.