PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher is Spyware

GTReal
05-01-2009, 08:01 PM
without the user knowledge Replay Media Catcher sends information to the Applian servers after each record.
Applian can see the senders IP (your IP) the stream link (the file you downloaded) and registration info.
Only the registration info is acceptable the rest is not necessary and even if it's for debug proposes the program should ask your permission.

Spylabs have been informed about this peeping tom attitude.

hginesta
05-02-2009, 08:27 AM
without the user knowledge Replay Media Catcher sends information to the Applian servers after each record.
Applian can see the senders IP (your IP) the stream link (the file you downloaded) and registration info.
Only the registration info is acceptable the rest is not necessary and even if it's for debug proposes the program should ask your permission.

Applian you have my permission! Hey due...If you don't like it! Don't use it!!

maxrenn
05-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm shocked, i would like to have an answer of the staff about that.
Our surf habits are part of our private lives. Applian technicians don't have to
know anything about the use i make of their softs unless i decide to tell them!

alex88
06-17-2010, 12:27 PM
i've heard about this problem and read on the Spylabs site that they recommend Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 7 (http://www.kaspersky.com/kaspersky_internet_security) for the moment. i got it immediately because i don't like to be spied on my private surfing.:p

Cheryl Wester
06-18-2010, 10:17 AM
This program is not spyware and is safe to use. We do have it go to our server to verify that it is a registered version but we do not monitor IP addresses at all. Rest assured that we don't know what you are recording or what sites you visit.

stream-recorder.com
06-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Replay Media Catcher also sends data when trying to identify songs for tagging.

Anyway I'm sure this is a false alarm and RMC is safe to use.

AFN
02-04-2013, 04:27 PM

How did you find this out? That is very that is very interesting?

Jeff Lenney
02-04-2013, 11:35 PM
How did you find this out? That is very that is very interesting?

This thread is 3 years old and has not been updated in such. It was also explained above what his "findings" meant

I am locking this thread to further replies - thanks! :)