PDA

View Full Version : No sound on video playback

kozlevchar
05-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Have a VISTA machine. Video Capture records video beautifally but no sound. I have all boxes checked to record sound and my speakers work fine. The 1s time I recorded, sound accompanied playback for 10 seconds then went away and I can't get it back. Would appreciate some assistance.

thanks

Cheryl Wester
05-12-2009, 09:59 AM
For Vista you need to go into the audio/test and make sure that Vista is checked. You also need to run the program with administrative rights.

ba99
05-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Have a VISTA machine. Video Capture records video beautifally but no sound. I have all boxes checked to record sound and my speakers work fine. The 1s time I recorded, sound accompanied playback for 10 seconds then went away and I can't get it back. Would appreciate some assistance.

thanks

I have Vista on my HP notebook. I found on the how-to video that you DON'T check the Vista box. That's for some other recording or play back option. In Settings - Autio/setup test, I have the audio source set at Integrated Microphone and the Audio Inputs at Maste Volume (though don't know if the latter makes any difference. I DON'T check the "Use Vista Audio Recording". When I run the test, it tells me recording OK. It used to - in the previous days - run a gurgling sound. I don't know why this has stopped. I've also found that replaying my recordings on Media Player can be hit and miss. I've taken to replaying them on WinAmp. Maybe this will help.