PDA

View Full Version : Error message when I try and launch Replay Music: The application failed to initialize properly

micromedia
04-27-2009, 05:47 AM
I am getting the following error message when I try and launch replay Music.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."

I've not recently installed any new apps and two days ago the program was working fine. I un / re installed the software and rebooted but I still get the same Application Error.

Any thoughts on this or should I submit a trouble ticket?

Thanks in advance,
Micromedia

Cheryl Wester
04-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Make sure you are using our latest version. If you aren't uninstall completely. Reboot your system. Now, download the program again and save it to your system. Disable your anti virus software and now do the install. If you need further assistance let us know in tech support.

micromedia
04-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I figured it out.
I must have installed the latest version of Replay Music without first uninstalling the old version. These left me with 2 instances in add and remove programs of which I could only un-install one.
What I did was in regedit I look for the instance of uninstall.xml ( this was the error that was coming up when I did try to uninstall the other Replay Music unsuccessfully) I found this in the registry and deleted the key. I had already uninstalled RM as far as I could go at this point.
Fixed now !
I just wish the programmers could just overcome this problem so it’s a smoother update.
I mean updates shouldn’t entail the user to uninstall the old then install the new.
Sincerely
micromedia