PDA

View Full Version : Does replay capture computer sounds?

thelightsareonbut
04-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Been reading and testing but not sure.

Can I be running Replay Music recording form Jango and surf the internet?

Or will Replay capture all computer beeps, other sounds?

The testing I did would suggest it does not record computer beeps but will record if I have 2 internet windows open playing sound.

I'm going to set up a Microsoft virtual PC to open a second internet or will Replay capture that too.

I would greatly appreciate any input or information before I spend a lot of time on something that others have already tested.

Best Regards

Jennifer
04-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Been reading and testing but not sure.

Can I be running Replay Music recording form Jango and surf the internet?

Or will Replay capture all computer beeps, other sounds?

The testing I did would suggest it does not record computer beeps but will record if I have 2 internet windows open playing sound.

I'm going to set up a Microsoft virtual PC to open a second internet or will Replay capture that too.

I would greatly appreciate any input or information before I spend a lot of time on something that others have already tested.

Best Regards

Welcome to the forum thelightsareonbut...:)

Replay Video Capture can record from various input sources as:

Microphone Input.
Line in.

Wave Out: General Audio from your Windows Operating System PC.

If you have any more questions... please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards.

Jen.

Cheryl Wester
04-24-2009, 08:43 AM
The program is going to capture from what you are recording. It will not pick up other sounds as I often work on other items-such as this forum-while recording and it does not pick up my clicks, etc. The best thing for you to do is play with the program and see how it goes for you. You would not want two audios going at the same time, however.

thelightsareonbut
04-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey, Thanks for the replies.

What I found so far and what you confirmed.

When recording from the internet, replay will not capture sound click (sounds generated from windows)

If you play two audios it will combine both (bad)

So what I did for more testing.

I set up a MS virtual PC. You can than run your base PC and a PC in a window.
you then can record with Replay from both windows and they will not mix together (good)

Turn the volume down on one window (with the windows volume not sound source ect- Jango) that way it will sound normal to you, not two songs playing at once.

Which could bring up a license issue. The license says one license per computer..... so in a nutshell it is one computer but running multiple virtual PC's and multiple copies of Replay at one time.

What do you think?

But using a virtual PC you can be surfing the internet on one virtual PC and recording with Replay on another instance of virtual PC will keep the sounds separated so if 2 audios play at the same time they will not mix being windows treats each Virtual PC as a separate operating system.

If someone else sets up a virtual PC let me know, to confirm what I found.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx

theeldergeek
01-10-2010, 10:45 AM
The program is going to capture from what you are recording. It will not pick up other sounds as I often work on other items-such as this forum-while recording and it does not pick up my clicks, etc. The best thing for you to do is play with the program and see how it goes for you. You would not want two audios going at the same time, however.

If I am recording from say, Spotify, will it pickup sounds from within a web page that might play at the same time, say an auto-start Flash commercial/advertisement?

Cheryl Wester
01-10-2010, 05:03 PM
It is going to record what it hears-if you have two items recording as an example, you are going to have a mess:)

theeldergeek
01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
It is going to record what it hears-if you have two items recording as an example, you are going to have a mess:)

So that's a yes then? If I'm listening on Spotify and inadvertently load a web site that also plays a sound/music whilst I am recording, it's going to record both Spotify and the web site in question.

Not a problem in itself, as I will just be careful what I do whilst recording, but at least if I know this will occur I can avoid it.