PDA

View Full Version : Converter creating silent files

dldub
04-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi All,

I have recently migrated from a windows xp pc to a newer vista laptop. I have re-installed A/V 8 and converter v2.8, both of which worked perfectly for me up to now.

I am able to record .RM files as before using A/V, but when I try to convert these to mp3's or other formats a silent file is created. I run converter as a separate step.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks......

Jeff Lenney
04-21-2009, 06:41 PM
You might also want to check out Replay Converter 3 which converts to even MORE formats, and even faster.

You can check that out here if you're interested: http://applian.com/replay-converter/upgrade3.php

dldub
04-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the response Jeff, but before I purchase an upgrade, I would like to understand what the issue is as there is no guarantee that I won't encounter the same problem with version 3.

Cheryl Wester
04-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Please see if using Real Alternative instead of Real Player solves the problem for you. There are some cases where our program doesn't like Real Player and conflicts. Thanks.

You are also able to try the upgrade without purchasing to see if it is going to work for you.

dwicking
05-29-2009, 02:05 PM
I have the same problem - download an RM, auto convert to MP3 or MP4B and get no sound. This loses the RM so I have nothingto go back to! Logs show a happy conversion!!!

If I manually convert the RM format file , I sometimes get a file I can listen to.

Den: :(

Cheryl Wester
05-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Try Real Alternative instead of Real Player. There are some cases where our program and Real Player don't play nice together. See if that makes a difference.

Gord-S
06-10-2009, 04:49 PM
I had this problem also, I did remove RealPlayer and installed Real Alternative. After doing that, conversions into WAV or MP3 were fine.