PDA

View Full Version : ReplayMusic starts the recording too late

cobainwindsurfer
04-21-2009, 02:35 AM
Hello! Replay Music (3.45) works well 4 me except this irritating problem:

When ripping from Spotify Replay Music starts the recording slightly too late so up to 1/2 seconds of the song at the beginning will be missing at playback.

Is there any settings that can be made to avoid this problem??

tnx in advance

Cheryl Wester
04-22-2009, 09:52 AM
We are not able to test this in the US so itis difficult to troubleshoot. Make sure you are using the latest version of the program. Also, you might want to play with the timing to see if that helps.

Scubasa1
08-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Hiya,
I usually put the tracks I want into my own tracklist on Spotify then set Replay music to Record, then play on spotify and it recs from the start. If I want to start from a new track I again put it in the plalist otherwise it will play the previous song. Whichever track you want to start from should be at the top of your new playlist, always works. I'm using RM 3.70
Hope this helps.
Scubasa1

Music
11-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Hiya,
I usually put the tracks I want into my own tracklist on Spotify then set Replay music to Record, then play on spotify and it recs from the start. If I want to start from a new track I again put it in the plalist otherwise it will play the previous song. Whichever track you want to start from should be at the top of your new playlist, always works. I'm using RM 3.70
Hope this helps.
Scubasa1

So you're saying that if you put the songs into your own playlist, then the 1 sec delay issue would be solved? To me it looks more like how you record your music, you're describing what method you use when you record.

I find the delay when I'm encoding my recorded file into .mp3. Try converting to a .waw file. I tested it and it doesn't skip. If you record as .mp3 then it skips mostly. And here's an example to prove the program innocent. It's not the programs fault that it skips. Ok, so I recorded a song to a .waw file. Then I placed it into a program for converting the .waw file into .mp3 instead of doing it from Replay Music directly. And I got the exact same results as recording straight into a .mp3 file. The converting shortened it. I don't know how it's possible, but that's my story. Not much can be done.

I'll be working on the case, I'll post more helpful information later.

Edit: Research was done in a matter of seconds! Allow me to publish the results wich is hard to find anywhere else.

Note: After reading this, the things I wrote is less important as you keep reading this information below.

This is true facts and may solve your issues, don't blame Replay Music.

Ok, I have the song in both .waw and .mp3. First I open the .waw in VLC (wich many people respects). The song is played without the intro skip. Next I play the .mp3 in VLC. Yes, it skips. Is VLC your only player? NO! If you're using a pc, I'm sure you have heard about Windows Media Player. WMP isn't all that famous like VLC is is? But, VLC struggled with the .mp3 file for a sec.

Now I open the .waw file in WMP, yes the whole song without the legendary skip is there. Then over to the .mp3 in WMP... WHOA? It's there! The skipping is gone! It was depending on the player you used.

I noticed this when I was recording from the same source all the time to avoid skipping. I thought the skipping was random and only appeared sometimes due to slow buffering for example. It was when I recorded to a .mp3 file. I canceled, opened my music folder, and there it was, without being encoded to a .mp3 so it was a .waw file instead. Yes, when you record to .mp3 using Replay Music, it records as .waw then converts it to .mp3. But, if you cancel the recording, it won't convert it to a .mp3

I also checked the audio waves between those two files. They were the same length. And played the same in the converting program (not Replay Music). Then it hit me... It's the player.

I hope this was helpful for anyone who might read this.

And if you felt like I was making VLC look bad, please don't think that way. I am a regular user of VLC, but this was the only thing it couldn't play. Otherwise I'm using VLC, except for playing my recorded file. Maybe there will be an update later?

Extra note: This was tested with only one song in different formats. And the song I used in this situation played fine on my iPod Touch without skip. There could still be people wich actually have another skip problem, but here's one example.