PDA

View Full Version : MLB (USA) Gameday Audio recording problems; help?

mattengland
05-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I successfully recorded the audio of two baseball games (via MLB Gameday Audio: http://mlb.mlb.com/mediacenter/index.jsp ) to mp3 playback on my iPod a couple weeks ago.

However, using the same recording settings (general audio recording--not a direct stream) in an attempt to record a game today (May 18th) does not work. The recording result is completely distorted.

I also noticed that MLB Gameday Audio appears to be using a new Silverlight media player (I recall the one I used a couple of weeks ago to be a Real Audio player). Could this new media player be contributing to the problem?

Also, has anyone else had success recording these MLB Gameday Audio games directly from the URL stream?

Thanks for any help,
-Matt

devrtodd
05-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I, too, would like to find an effective way of capturing these streams. Even better would be a way to schedule the recording.

Cheryl Wester
05-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi

At the present time our program is not able to stream capture from the new player that they are using. Our developer is aware of this and always working on improving our programs. Perhaps in a future update.

If you want to capture this you might give Replay Screencast a try. It captures what it sees on the screen and not from the stream.

Thanks.

mattengland
08-10-2008, 12:49 PM
fyi: to work around this problem I reloaded my OS and essentially reverted to the old player.

Would be nice to work with the new player, however. Any timelines/speculation for delivery of this appreciated. And thanks for the response, Cheryl!

Tom Mayes
08-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi,

I'll ask the developer if he has made any headway with this new technology. We are referring customers to our WM Capture program for the recording of video streams using the Silverlight technology. It works very well. I am curious though about the audio recording though from this Player and if it is encrypted. I understand that the file data is protected, so Stream Capture will not work. But, have you tried to do an audio recording with Replay A/V using the Capture by Recording Audio Output recording method. I don't have an MLB subscription or I would give it a try. If the audio capture works, it will record directly to MP3 format and can be set up for scheduled recordings. Let us know your results.

Regards,

Tom Mayes

mattengland
08-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi Tom-

I may try your suggestions later if I find time; if I do, I'll try to report my results here. For now, Replay AV works with the old player ok.

And for what it's worth: a yearly mlb.com gameday audio subscription is only $15, or maybe even less now that it's later in the year. Could it be something useful for you and/or your team to purchase to test with their recordings?

Thanks for the support!

-Matt

Jake64a
04-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Hi

Is there any update on this technology? Any way to record the mlb.com streams? In the past, the url finder worked well for archived games, but that was under the old player...

Cheryl Wester
04-18-2009, 04:25 PM
At this point you still need to use the WM Capture or the Replay Video Capture programs. They are both screen capture programs and work great.