PDA

View Full Version : RM suddenly not recognizing nutin

GrunG
04-07-2009, 03:59 PM
All of a sudden, RM isn't recognizing a single thing the last 2 days. It will record and split, but no recognition. I'm using the last version that utilizes Gracenote. Don't know if they pulled the cord. I still see the Gracenote flag appear during each song. I did use Rhapsody once but think it was before this started. Using XP. Did a system restore to a week ago, but no luck. I did use Napster within Media Player about the same time my trouble started. Related? I don't know.

Anyone else having the same problem. And Cheryl, please don't recommend the newest version unless you know there are recent (last 2 days) problems with the older one. And I know how to use the program. All the settings are correct, etc etc.

Mike 4444
04-07-2009, 04:35 PM
It happened to me during a recording session -- it recognized several tracks perfectly then , suddenly it wouldnt recognize anyhting , even the most common tracks. I dont know what is going on but its very frustarting -- I tried upgrading to 3.56 ( I am using 3.35) and it was same and didnt seem to record as reliably so I uninstalled and went back to prior version.

There's nothing that makes you want to pull your hair out mor ethan a program that suddenly quits wroking for no apparent reason!!!

Cheryl Wester
04-08-2009, 05:50 AM
If you are still having an issue please contact tech support. We will need more details than we are able to give you from this. Thanks.

moonriver
04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
All of a sudden, RM isn't recognizing a single thing the last 2 days. It will record and split, but no recognition. I'm using the last version that utilizes Gracenote. Don't know if they pulled the cord. I still see the Gracenote flag appear during each song. I did use Rhapsody once but think it was before this started. Using XP. Did a system restore to a week ago, but no luck. I did use Napster within Media Player about the same time my trouble started. Related? I don't know.

Anyone else having the same problem. And Cheryl, please don't recommend the newest version unless you know there are recent (last 2 days) problems with the older one. And I know how to use the program. All the settings are correct, etc etc.

same here, RM dead in the water for the past 2 days using 2.51.
please advice

moonriver
04-08-2009, 12:50 PM
it seems to be a gracenote error (130/74) which I've found digging thru the logfile.

the gracenote site states the following:
Error 130/74 (ClientId expired).
This error most commonly occurs when the software developer for your product has decided to stop licensing access to our service. You'll need to contact your software developer for details, updates, or fixes.

Cheryl Wester
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
We have a new version that works great with tagging. It is a free upgrade so if you are not using our latest version go ahead and use it.

http://www.applian.com/replay-music/demo.php

Uninstall what you already have. Reboot your system. Delete excell files out of Program Files. Now, use this version.

Please go into your Windows Media Player. Go to Tools-Plugins and make sure our plugin is selected. Also, make sure your Replay Music is set to Audio Driver in settings.

If you do have a problem let us know in tech support as we will need to see your log file and have additional info.

Debbie McCormick
04-08-2009, 02:37 PM
When Gracenote was purchased by Sony, they stopped licensing song recognition technology to Applian. They were kind enough to allow us to keep using their servers for an extended period of time after discontinuing our agreement. In the meantime, we implemented a new version of Replay Music that uses alternative tagging technology. Simply download the latest version and Replay Music will once again tag tracks. Versions of Replay Music prior to 3.4 used the older Gracenote technology which is now expired in those older versions . We have sent several emails to our registered customers regarding this impending change. The update is free. Download the latest version of Replay Music from this page:

http://www.applian.com/replay-music/demo.php

Mike 4444
04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
ok folks after upteen hours I finally unistalled, dragged folder to trash, reinstalled new version, changed to internet version of rhapsody , and now it seems to work - ive only had time to test two or three songs but it has recognized them. Be aware that the web based rhapsody is different to work with , so make sure your volume is set up almost all the way, and you might have to lower the silence threshold on RM if it starts splitting tracks prematurely. I would say this is the only way to go cause gracenote has pulled the plug apparently. Good luck! I have officially spent enough time on this ! I am done regardless of how it works out from here.

GrunG
04-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Well that answers that. Figured the party would end sooner or later. I had upgraded to 3.6 when it came out but reinstalled 3.5 because it simply had better recognition. Yesterday, did a quick run of about 10 songs that I figured would be a good test because they are kinda obscure but Gracenote had pegged them all in the past. They new version failed on 3 of them. And it seems to have a tougher time on splitting...I do 2/3 of everything through Windows Media Player which should make the split easier. Still tinkering with the settings though.

But I'll look on the positive side. It's still a great program for the money, has a volume control, a VU meter that actually means something, and recognizes them quicker.

And a staff that actually responds to concerns here on the forum. That ain't easy to come by either.

Just hope Applian or the outfit that supplies the recognition engine continues to improve.

Cheryl Wester
04-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the kind words. We always work on improving our programs so always stay on the look out for the next version.

joe mamma
04-11-2009, 10:25 AM
GrunG - from reading your post i see that you seem to be able to record and split songs properly. would you do me a favor and read the thread i posted today and if you have the time, send me your thoughts? i'd really appreciate it as i'm sort of lost here. thanks!