PDA

View Full Version : xm track tags

snat
04-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I quess it is too much to ask, but is it possible to pull/record the track tags for recorded xm streams?

Cheryl Wester
04-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm afraid not. This is due to the lack of a definitive silence between the songs and the fact that they fade in and out when recording. Thanks.

snat
04-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Thanks for your response, but this misses the point. The track xm track tags are contained in the audio stream. Just as with a real xm player it show the tags. How about a new feature to capture these as a separate text file that is named similarly to the xm recording.

Cheryl Wester
04-03-2009, 06:09 AM
If it could be done by our developers it would be-they are aware of this but a lot depends on how they are tagging and supporting the music.

snat
04-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks. Since we are making assumptions and rendering unsupported opinions... My opinion is that software development is an art and some artists are better than others. Some are not artists at all, but simply technocrats. Many lack the levels of abstraction and honed skills of deductive reasoning to create anything.

If you had responded with something to the effect that decoding the tag info that exists in all xm streams is proprietary I might have considered it.

People really should not make assumptions about what others might know or think and should refrain from inductions of fallacy of hasty generalizations. Fallacy: Our developers are smart therefore they have considered everything. Maybe you should suggest to them that they consider a career in quantum mechanics... As with this thread, your response has no credence.

onapartyrock
04-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Are you looking for a way to capture the pad data that is displayed on the LCD display of the XM unit?

I believe Timetrax was doing that at one point, but they have went out of business. If this is what you are looking for I'll ask around on some ad the satellite sites; I think someone has been capturing the PAD data for the Opie and Anthony show with time stamps.