PDA

View Full Version : recording cassette tapes with Replay Music

jowood
04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
User guide says to record tapes like this (quoted from user guide):

1. Hook an AMPLIFIER output attached to your audio tape recorder to the line-in or mic port on your PC. (Hooking up the turntable or tape recorder directly to the PC won't produce any sound.)
2. In Replay Music's Settings, change the Input Source to Line-In or Microphone (depending upon which port you connected to in step 1). Click OK when finished.

But I still have a couple questions:

-What is an AMPLIFIER output? is this built in to most standard tape players? If not where and how do I connect to my tape player?

-I go to change Input Source setting but the only two options are 'Audio Driver' and 'Volume.'

I have regular old school tapes and mini tapes and just your regular ol' standard tape recorder/player for both. Thanks

Cheryl Wester
04-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Radio Shack will have the best answers for you on this. They have all the little items you need. Since each system is different it is probably best to take your questions there. If you are using Vista it might not work as Vista has made it difficult to capture. Recording from the line-in in Vista can be tricky. In order to record from the Line-In in Vista you need to first see if Vista will let you record from your sound card. In many cases you won't be able to do this.

1. First, see if you can enable an audio recording line in Vista. These are the steps:

http://www.applian.com/support-vista.php#sc

2. Try to to enable line-in or microphone. Then plug the device that you want to record from into your enabled line (line-in or microphone) and test it.

cap3344
12-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Cheryl - you've always come thru with something that works. I'm trying to record from the headphone output of my cassette system into the microphone input to my PC (Vista 32-bit Ultimate). The only Input Source Replay Music shows me is "Audio Input". When I try to record, I get nothing. When I go into the Sound Control Panel, I displayed all Recording devices (enabled and disabled) only the Microphone shows - and the sound bar there definitely shows its hearing the sound. But Music Replay doesn't register anything.

I then turned to the Sound Recorder applet within Windows and that recorded (lousy of course) the incoming sound via microphone.

Any ideas???

Steve

carlobee
12-20-2009, 08:03 PM
i never have tried recording cassette tapes.. i might as well try this one too.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Cheryl Wester
12-22-2009, 09:08 PM
The newer version is not able to do this. We hope to add the line in back in a future update.

stream-recorder.com
04-05-2010, 03:00 AM
The latest version of Replay Music (http://www.applian.com/replay-music/) can record from line-in.

To record from a line-in source you just need to go to Replay Music's settings and under the "Input" tab in the "Input Source" drop down list and select a line-in option. The options in this drop down list are dependent on the capability of your sound card.

Replay Music also has a normalize option that allows you to record all your audio to a constant volume. This setting is found under the "Output" tab in Replay Music's setting.

You can also normalize already recorded files by right clicking in the track list box and selecting "Import Mp3 files" and then selecting all the files you wish to import. Once the tracks are imported, select the files in the track list box and then right click and select the "Normalize Track(s)" option.