PDA

View Full Version : Replay Converter - Batch Conversion

Montiveroz
03-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Recently purchased RC for the purpose of down-converting 320kbps to 128kbps mpeg files. Unlike other software programs, i want to convert an entire directory not just a few files at a time. Is there a way to do this? I have 3000+ files to convert for my mobile device. Or does Applian have other software that can?

Cheryl Wester
03-31-2009, 06:11 AM
You are able to do a batch conversion but I don't believe with that many at the same time. I often do ten or so at the same time but you would need to experiment to see what your system can handle. You just add the files by dragging them and set up the conversion.

bokrent
01-18-2010, 05:12 PM
I think the question was how to convert a directory so that you don't have to manually select every single mp3 in the directory and subfolder/s?

Cheryl Wester
01-18-2010, 07:32 PM
That the program is not going to do.

Dogger
07-04-2010, 01:55 PM
You can do batch conversions without much hassle, especially if you have a search box like Vista.

If all files are in one directory, you can get all you need in one swoop:
* use CTRL + A to select all of them
* select a range by clicking on first clip, then hold SHIFT and click on last clip
* select randomly by holding CNTRL while clicking you choices.

With a search box, you can get all files from sub-folders into one pane, filter by name or extension and then use the 3 methods above to select any or all of them. Enter "*" [wild-card] in search box to get every file in folder and all subfolders.