PDA

View Full Version : Fed up!!

barnburner
03-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I like so many others used to love RM until they ditched Gracenote. Now most, if not all the music I capture just say's "not recognized." I wished that I would have never, ever upgraded. This software sucks now and applian is totally shafting their customers. I like everyone else here too have done everything that technical support said to do with no avail. I could care less if I get banned from this forum for saying all this too because I am so fed up. Applian needs to stand up for their product or else they are going to lose all their customers putting out a crappy product that DOES NOT WORK! Shame on you!! All I can say is that I will never pay for any applian software again and I will bash applian to everyone I know. Bad news travels twice as fast as good news. I absolutely HATE your software now...

Cheryl Wester
03-31-2009, 06:55 PM
If you are having a problem please contact tech support so we can assist you. In that way you can get the assistance you need and the program working to your satisfaction. Thanks.

whuff99
04-19-2009, 05:29 AM
Well Im not going to bash them, but I too have problems. Once Grace Note went to Sony (Applian didnt "dump" them, read the announcement), Applian lost a great service, and had to find something else. All good things come to an end and for $20 we got our money's worth. You must be young, because I have yet to find an application that lasts the test of time; there is no way I expected this to last forever.

I am bummed too - but I did get it to work better by starting Replay BEFORE I start Rhapsody, just as they recomend. It found some songs and not others, which mkes me think that I do NOT have technical problems.

--> If it finds some songs and not others, then it IS able to connect to the tagging service, and the songs it didnt find are probably not in the tagging service's database.

--> If it doesnt find ANYTHING, then try starting Replay BEFORE the streaming application.

--> For the songs it doesnt find, the log file sometimes says "possible firewall problem" but I think that is misleading, because it does find some songs, so I think that is simply a ruse.

Lets face it, ripping from a stream is a touchy legal area, and the "new" tagging service either isnt always up to date with the latest releases, or there are licensing rules behind the scenes, and Applian doesnt want to come out and say that because it will scare away the new customers. Thats understandable, I can only hope they are working hard to improve this, else they may just end up selling this as a record LP ripper.

Replay still splits the songs fine, and finds older music, so I am still (somewhat) satisfied.

Applian - maybe you can find a better tagging / freedb service?

Cheryl Wester
04-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Thank you for the feedback. Your suggestions are right on. Also, if the music is newer, then it is not in the database as of yet. We are always working on improving our programs and will continue to do so.

barnburner
05-04-2009, 08:24 PM
You must be young, because I have yet to find an application that lasts the test of time; there is no way I expected this to last forever. Pointless statement. You are WRONG. When I purchase a product I expect it to WORK. According to you, I should buy their products even though they do not work, or only work half assed anymore. Afraid not, partner.

I am bummed too - but I did get it to work better by starting Replay BEFORE I start Rhapsody, just as they recomend. It found some songs and not others, which mkes me think that I do NOT have technical problems.

--> If it finds some songs and not others, then it IS able to connect to the tagging service, and the songs it didnt find are probably not in the tagging service's database.

--> If it doesnt find ANYTHING, then try starting Replay BEFORE the streaming application.

--> For the songs it doesnt find, the log file sometimes says "possible firewall problem" but I think that is misleading, because it does find some songs, so I think that is simply a ruse.

Lets face it, ripping from a stream is a touchy legal area, and the "new" tagging service either isnt always up to date with the latest releases, or there are licensing rules behind the scenes, and Applian doesnt want to come out and say that because it will scare away the new customers. Thats understandable, I can only hope they are working hard to improve this, else they may just end up selling this as a record LP ripper. Blah, blah, blah... more pointless dribble. Been there done that. Time to actually get a product that works.

Replay still splits the songs fine, and finds older music, so I am still (somewhat) satisfied. I guess you like paying full price for products that don't work. Replay music now sucks and I am telling everyone I know not to buy any of their products ever because it DOESN'T WORK.

maxrenn
05-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Replay Music works very well, it records well and the majority of the tracks are
recognised.
Don't blame the company, your problems come from your computer's configuration.
By the way for the non identified tracks you can still use Winamp's tagging option (it uses Gracenote and works very well).

gmachine_24
05-24-2009, 09:01 AM
I, too, have been having some problems with Replay Music identifying songs from Rhapsody. New CDs aren't recognized; sometimes it takes forever (as in 20 minutes) for RM to convert a single track to mp3 from wav.

Yes, I realize I should contact tech support re: this issue. But I just wanted to say here that I've always used a secondary application, such as Tag&Rename, to help identify and name tracks I've recorded with RM. Maybe RM should be able to identify everything - I don't know. But the simple truth is it doesn't/can't and never will - so everyone needs an alternative otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy. Spending some money for Tag&Rename - which has a lot of really great features - will lessen your frustration - but if you'd rather be miserable and not be able to record and build your music library using RM, then fine, quit using it.

GM

nkkiegem123
05-24-2009, 06:49 PM
hi..i just experienced the problem yesterday when i put some reggae music on it..http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

tmcarson1
05-25-2009, 05:14 PM
When I am using Rhapsody, I always make a playlist and then play that playlist, that way anything that is not recognized is labeled by number in Replay and in Rhapsody playlist, so I can just compare the two, fix the ones that aren't recognized and all is good.

I am quite pleased with the product, I'm not looking for it to recognize songs I don't already know, that's why I use the playlists, in fact Slacker will display playlists now also.

Just my thoughts.

Cheryl Wester
05-25-2009, 07:05 PM
If you download the latest version it has the ability to try and retag the songs that were not tagged the first time. Just give it a few minutes and then try again. They add songs all the time to the database but they don't have all of them-neither do other companies. Thanks.

simmerin1
05-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I just upgraded to version 3.6 and made a test recording of a very eclectic compilation album on Rhapsody. 75% of the songs were recognized and tagged. The editing feature and playlist makes it easy to fill in the gaps.

Overall, Replay Music is very user friendly and the separate sound driver is key. So even knowing from the start that Rhapsody tagging isn't perfect, I would purchase this program again if I were a prospective new customer.

It's apparent that the developers are on the case in terms of improvements and further development.

Not everyone is disgruntled. I remain a satisified customer.

micromedia
05-28-2009, 01:11 PM
maxrenn,
Thanks for this Winamp's tagging option tip.
I was able to get all my untagged tracks tagged and winamp is super
FAST. Makes me wonder why ITunes is SO slow!

Replay Music works very well, it records well and the majority of the tracks are
recognised.
Don't blame the company, your problems come from your computer's configuration.
By the way for the non identified tracks you can still use Winamp's tagging option (it uses Gracenote and works very well).

:)

BMason
05-28-2009, 05:20 PM
For simmerin1: happy for your success. So we all might benefit from your good fortune, could you tell us a little bit about your configuration? Do you run RM as an Admin or General User? Do you have a firewall? If yes, and it's Zone Alarm, are you running into the dreaded RM trademark problem of a file named "GENPUID.EXE" asking for permission everytime you record, even if it's been given full permission before? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks.