PDA

View Full Version : WMR 12: I'm trying to understand what WM Recorder is and how it relates to Applian

BostonDriver
05-07-2008, 07:04 AM
I tried to search the forum on WM Recorder, but 'WM' is less than 3 chars, so the search was rejected. Searching on 'Recorder' would be too vague.

I'm trying to understand what WM Recorder is and how it relates to Applian. I received email from Applian about WM Recorder 12 so I decided to look into it. That's how I found out about these forums.

I can't find much. The products drop down on the main Applian page doesn't list WM Recorder at all. The link mailed to me shows that there are versions even prior to v12.

I bought the Replay Capture Suite in January. I love the product. It looks like I can upgrade from Capture Suite to the WM Recorder Suite / Bundle. It also looks like the 2 products overlap.

So, what's the relationship? Is WM Recorder an Applian product or not? If so, why does it have its own website and is not listed on the main Applian site? If it is a product will WM Recorder have a section on this board?

Thanks!

Jeff Lenney
05-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I tried to search the forum on WM Recorder, but 'WM' is less than 3 chars, so the search was rejected. Searching on 'Recorder' would be too vague.

I'm trying to understand what WM Recorder is and how it relates to Applian. I received email from Applian about WM Recorder 12 so I decided to look into it. That's how I found out about these forums.

I can't find much. The products drop down on the main Applian page doesn't list WM Recorder at all. The link mailed to me shows that there are versions even prior to v12.

I bought the Replay Capture Suite in January. I love the product. It looks like I can upgrade from Capture Suite to the WM Recorder Suite / Bundle. It also looks like the 2 products overlap.

So, what's the relationship? Is WM Recorder an Applian product or not? If so, why does it have its own website and is not listed on the main Applian site? If it is a product will WM Recorder have a section on this board?

Thanks!

Hi Boston,

We do not own WM Recorder. We jointly own the WM Recorder site, and market and support the program though.

WM Recorder is optimized for recording audio and video clips, and supports a few more streaming formats than some of our other programs.

There are no plans as of now to add a WM Recorder section to this forum, as it's strictly for applian ONLY products.

If you want to read more about wm recorder, I'd encourage you to check out www.wmrecorder.com

Thanks for your concern/interest. :D