PDA

View Full Version : Problems recording I Player

tobyrusty
03-23-2009, 03:27 AM
I have tried adjusting the settings but the results are always the same.
When I select BBC I Player on my computer it plays fine, both sound and picture are in phase with each other.However when I press the recording button the picture starts to judder in a stop/start fashion. The sound is good but not in phase with the picture. I get the same result in playback.
Can anyone help please.
Best wishes,
Peter

Cheryl Wester
03-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Are you using MPEG 2 or windows media 9 in the settings. Try the opposite of what you are using to see if that helps. Also, I believe this site works great with Replay Media Catcher so you might want to give that program a try.

tobyrusty
03-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Cheryl,
Thanks for the advice. I downloaded the Media Catcher programme and it has recorded a BBC I Player programme perfectly. I am sure I shall be purchasing the full programme very shortly. Congratulations on providing an easy to read and understandable user guide.
One query :- Can you add information in the tag box if the source is not an MP3 file ? I notice that box is greyed out. If tag information cannot be added here then can it be added somewhere else in the programme ?

Question. How is it the Media Catcher Programme needs no set up as in the Screencast programme ?
Your reply asks about MPEG2 and WMP 9. I have WMP9 but don't know what you mean in this context by MPEG2. I don't remember being asked in the set up to supply this information. Could this have been the reason why my recordings were stop/start with the audio out of synch to the picture ?
Best wishes,
Peter