PDA

View Full Version : Converting from FLV Issue

Uriel
03-22-2009, 06:41 AM
I did a fresh install of Windows Vista Business. I have all the latest Windows updates including the latest update to Replay Converter. However, I cannot convert FLV files.

It may be a codec issue but am not sure. I downloaded the K-Lite Mega codec package and installed the common settings minus the DivX codec because I have the genuine DivX codec installed for use with DivX Author. I also tried installing the extra codec via WinZip according to the instructions at the Applian troubleshooter page.

Other things I have tried are disabling User Account Control and running as Administrator. Nothing seems to work. If I right click on the file in Replay Converter and choose troubleshoot, Replay Converter seems to do nothing.

I am now thinking of getting hold of the support team at Applian. How can I get a log prepared to send to them? Thank you.

Cheryl Wester
03-22-2009, 08:37 PM
What version of Replay Converter are you using. Let us know. If you do continue to have a problem contact tech support as they will need more info.

Uriel
03-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi Cheryl

This is really a Replay A/V issue so I submitted a ticket under that category. If I use Replay Converter to convert flv files to mp3, there is no issue. This thread should be moved to the Replay A/V forum IMHO.

The version of Replay A/V is 8.52C. I will report back with instructions from the support staff with how to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Uriel
04-07-2009, 07:10 PM
I got an email from the support staff in charge of Replay Converter as my issue was elevated.

The issue seems to be related to how Replay A/V is creating the FLV audio only files. The captured FLV audio only files from Replay A/V seems to be causing Replay Converter to not convert them correctly. We are working on a solution in Replay A/V. I am moving this ticket to the Replay A/V department so they can keep you informed of when a new version of Replay A/V will be ready that has the solution.
I am now confident that a solution is in the works and will wait for this great product to get even better.