PDA

View Full Version : Converting European DVD disc to DVD NTSC disc

petrogia
03-10-2009, 03:31 PM
I need to convert a European DVD (PAL) disc to DVD NTSC format. The disc is from Europe and not copy protected. Also its not BLU Ray. What is the best way for me to do this type of conversion with Replay Converter 3.20? I already know about Video_ts and .vob files from such discs. Thank you.

MatthewC1000
03-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I need to convert a European DVD (PAL) disc to DVD NTSC format. The disc is from Europe and not copy protected. Also its not BLU Ray. What is the best way for me to do this type of conversion with Replay Converter 3.20? I already know about Video_ts and .vob files from such discs. Thank you.

You can connect a DVD Player to your TV Tuner Card (ATI-Wonder)
and, use Replay A/V to record it to a Video format that is suitable to your
needs. Then use Replay Converter to burn to a DVD-Video Disc.

Kind Regards.

:)

Jeff Lenney
03-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Your best bet would to be recording the video to your pc, then converting it to an 'american' format such as mpeg-2, or mpeg-4 using Replay Converter. (http://applian.com/replay-converter)

petrogia
03-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Jeff
Replay Converter can rip non protected DVD discs to one's hard drive. The key is to get video_ts and the .vob files. Yesterday I inserted the DVD into the drive tray and started up Replay Converter and located the DVD using "add DVD" and located video_ts and went to the "write to new folder" and added a different path of my choice. I then went to the burn button and told it to make a DVD NTSC disc for me. I am not sure if this is right and it was slow so I stopped the burn process. Can you please ask the developer about what is the right way to do all this. I believe these .vob files are already .mpg type files. I will check to be sure.

Your best bet would to be recording the video to your pc, then converting it to an 'american' format such as mpeg-2, or mpeg-4 using Replay Converter. (http://applian.com/replay-converter)