PDA

View Full Version : Major problems with software

Rob27
03-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm using the latest version and here are some issues with it:

1) times do not adjust for day light savings/spring fwd, they are pushed/back an hour
2) there is no "unlimited" reconnects feature.. why only 20?
3) when a stream drops, the file is recorded as 1, 2, 3, etc and not just as one file.
4) software locks up when no stream is available. (freezes for 10 seconds in vista home premium)

I feel like im talking to no one.

Please report this to the designers

-Rob

Cheryl Wester
03-09-2009, 09:47 PM
When you have several issues it is best to contact tech support as they will need more information from you. You have enough that you might want to do that. We monitor this site and do respond but you will get quicker responses to your questions through tech support.

An issue with daylight savings is that everywhere does not change the time on the same date. As an example Europe doesn't change for a couple of weeks I believe.

When a program loses the connection it is going to start a new stream. You might adjust the tuning under AV File-Settings-Tuning and see if that makes a difference.

celinamike
04-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Cheryl,

I am still waiting, 3+ weeks for a response from your "tech support" about my previous issues.

Here is a link that may help you address Rob's issue in regards to DST in NA/Europe.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Since nobody at your company wants to address functionality issues, I am forced to post on forums.

Would you like me to solve any other tech support issues for you?

Thanks.

Tasha Heinlein
04-05-2009, 06:50 AM
This is not our Tech Support area - this is our public forums, where members can answer each others questions and help each other out. If you can help someone out here - great! Chime in at anytime.
If you have a ticket number that you would like me to check the status on I would be more than happy to do so. I believe we have gone through this before, and if our developers weren't able to fix this yet, there is not much else we can do for you at this point.
We welcome everyone to post here, I think it's a great way for people to share their tips and tricks, but please refrain from being rude to the Applian team members who are trying to help you.

celinamike
04-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Tasha,

The issue is not me being rude, rather it is your support staff and their inability to address support tickets which are opened.

I have waited almost 30 days to get a response to a tech ticket I have opened and have not heard a word from anyone at your company in spite of posting/updating my ticket three times.

The reason you force me to post on the forums is because this seems to be the only way to get a response from someone in your organization.

I have spent over $100 on your suite and it does not work as advertised.

Here is my last email thread from one of your employees (names deleted)

Response from Applian Technologies:

Thanks for the details. I checked out the correspondence between you and XXXXXX under Ticket #410940 and remember seeing a message from XXXXXX to the developer, XXXX, about this issue, but I don't remember the outcome. I will forward to XXXX again. I'm just not sure if there is a simple solution or fix to this issue. Unfortunately, that solution falls on the hands of the developer as opposed to non-tech people like XXXXXX and I. Replay AV is XXXX's baby though, so if anyone can create a fix, it is him.

I will have XXXX respond to you directly.

Note that this reply was sent on March 10th. Not only have I not heard from the person who was going to respond to me directly, I have not heard from anyone in your organization.

You have my email address so why don't you send me an update or something?

Your employee told me, and I have it in an email, that they would be happy to give me a refund of the upgrade fee.

I am still waiting. In addition, I feel I have been more than patient with your company and am tired of being jerked around.

Thanks

Tasha Heinlein
04-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Feel free to send me a PM with your ticket number. As I said I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

celinamike
04-05-2009, 05:54 PM
The ticket # is listed in the above email.

kcuser
04-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Maybe I will hold off making a purchase.

celinamike
04-11-2009, 04:40 PM
KC

If you want to be able to record without actually hearing the stream until it is done recording, then purchase the software.

If you want to record and hear the stream at the same time without having to monitor the pop-up XM/Sirius player then don't buy the product as this does not work nor has any attempt been made to address this issue since it stopped functioning properlyh.

I am out over $100 for the suite and "upgrade fee" which they won't return. All I asked for was my lousy $20 upgrade fee to be credited as I reported the functionality not working with the refund date range and still do not have the original functionality.

I work for a major software company and would never think of treating my customers the way Applian has addressed the non-functionality of the stream/download issue.

If you want some real laughs, PM me with your email address and I will send you some emails from "tech support" where they said they would give me my "upgrade fee" back and then stated that they would not return the fee.

Hope this helps in your decision process.

Tasha Heinlein
04-12-2009, 07:15 AM
You were actually asking to be refunded for Replay AV - a program that you purchased in 2007. You were then asking to be refunded for the upgrade fee which you purchased in January or December. As I explained to you - the upgrade that you purchased was a three in one upgrade. If you upgrade the programs separately they are $9.95 each. If we refunded your purchase despite the fact that it was well past the 30 days, your 3 in 1 upgrade code would be deactivated and you would have had to purchase the other two upgrades at $9.95 each. So you would have then had to pay the same price for less product. The latest upgrade to Replay AV was an upgrade to the converting capabilities, so you would have been paying the same price and losing these new features. I believe that we have sufficiently handled all of your requests. We get tons of people who rave about how great our support is - if you disagree, that is fine, your opinion has been noted. I'm not going to have one irate customer bashing all of the hard work that our developers and tech support put into making this a great company.
We have already resolved this issue within support tickets, and you have stated your opinion all over the forums. I think it is time to move on...