PDA

View Full Version : How to record a streaming radio show, listen to it while it is record, and pause it while I'm listening

neumannu47
04-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Which application allows me to record a streaming radio show, listen to it while it is record, and pause it while I'm listening, like TiVO or ReplayTV? I'm still somewhat confused over the differences between ReplayAV products and WMRecorder products. I have licenses to both.

Jeff Lenney
05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Which application allows me to record a streaming radio show, listen to it while it is record, and pause it while I'm listening, like TiVO or ReplayTV? I'm still somewhat confused over the differences between ReplayAV products and WMRecorder products. I have licenses to both.

HI Neumannu47,

We do not own WM Recorder. We jointly own the WM Recorder site, and market and support the program though.

With regards to pausing while streaming, that is not yet possible with any of our software, unfortunately.

The way WM Recorder works is it does not record what is actually playing on your screen, in fact if you want to think of it this way, it does not \"Record\" at all. What it is really doing is capturing URL\'s from these streams and then downloading the video using the URL.

Replay A/V works more or less the same way, i'm sorry to say.

I hope this clears things up a bit. :)