PDA

View Full Version : Can you download RTMPE streams with SWF Verification?

jormor1991
03-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I've been trying to download movies from MTV.com for a while now. Then I came across Replay Media Catcher and it works wonderfully. When I actually go to the page with the RTMPE stream, it catches the file but can't download it. It gets a little red exclamation mark next to it. Is there a way around this or another program that will capture it? I tried Jaksta which says it can capture from MTV.com, but I had no luck. Please and thank you!

Tasha Heinlein
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
You need to use Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php) on this site.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Ave1024
03-17-2009, 02:18 PM
You need to use Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php) on this site.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Wait a second. I want to pull a video off MTV.com and I used to be able to use Replay Media Catcher. It is not allowing me to do this anymore because now when I try it I get this error message.

Now you are saying I have to go out and purchase a DIFFERENT piece of software called Replay Video Capture? I already bought Replay Media Catcher and that worked. Now are you saying I need to buy something different?

What's going to happen when MTV or another website doesn't allow you to DL with Replay Video Cature... are you then going to say we need to buy Replay Internet Capture or some other name?

I sure hope this isn't the case because that would be pretty ridiculous.

Tasha Heinlein
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Replay Video Capture is a screen recorder. It will record ANY site where stream capture isn't an option.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

jormor1991
03-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Wait a second. I want to pull a video off MTV.com and I used to be able to use Replay Media Catcher. It is not allowing me to do this anymore because now when I try it I get this error message.

Now you are saying I have to go out and purchase a DIFFERENT piece of software called Replay Video Capture? I already bought Replay Media Catcher and that worked. Now are you saying I need to buy something different?

What's going to happen when MTV or another website doesn't allow you to DL with Replay Video Cature... are you then going to say we need to buy Replay Internet Capture or some other name?

I sure hope this isn't the case because that would be pretty ridiculous.

It's pretty sad. I kind of wanted the original FLV, but MTV has to be a butt about it.

lisa071573
03-22-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm having the same problem with Hulu. Replay Media Catcher was working perfectly on Hulu up until a week or so ago. Now if I get the RMC window to even acknowledge the stream, this is the error message I get:
"Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
Exception:
m_nErrType = 11
m_strDesc = "code: NetConnection.Connect.Rejected
description: [ AccessManager.Reject ] : Must use RTMPE or RTMPTE on this connection"
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 969"

I tried downloading the trial version of Replay Video Catcher, but it only picks up half the video picture and won't recognize my sound, so I'm not impressed with that. Is there a fix to get RMC to work properly again?

stan2009
03-25-2009, 04:17 PM
It's pretty sad. I kind of wanted the original FLV, but MTV has to be a butt about it.Hopefully the programmers at Applian are able to crack these codes like they did for rttp and rtmp...if not, the sole reason I purchased RMC is gone...

I also bought RVC thinking it would be as good at getting the flv capture...it is as of now, a subpar product...

dlaskey
03-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Hopefully the programmers at Applian are able to crack these codes like they did for rttp and rtmp...if not, the sole reason I purchased RMC is gone...

I also bought RVC thinking it would be as good at getting the flv capture...it is as of now, a subpar product...

LOL and which product is working for you?

As tech changes, there are hurdles to overcome. what product is addressing this need that rmc doesn't

stan2009
03-26-2009, 07:48 AM
LOL and which product is working for you?

As tech changes, there are hurdles to overcome. what product is addressing this need that rmc doesn't

So far, I haven't found any program that can record flv off of the the new streaming protocols...

phillipdampier
03-26-2009, 01:53 PM
I think Applian is basically up the creek as far as dealing with secured Adobe streams. The Hearts of Space website is in the same boat for an audio stream. Adobe and Applian had a legal exchange and basically Applian lost. So unless an offshore solution is developed that is impervious to legal action, I think a growing amount of content that needs to be secured is simply no longer going to be able to be captured on an accelerated basis.

The video application Applian is recommending is honestly too cumbersome to bother with.

dlaskey
03-27-2009, 07:11 AM
So far, I haven't found any program that can record flv off of the the new streaming protocols...

It is frustrating, but there will always be changes in technology, barriers, as well as some cases legal barriers and the like, especially when it comes to dynamically presented and stored media.

I went through a lot of these hurdles with MotoGP races and still run into issues now and then.

In the end once things seem to be working, they will change eventually and work arounds will be needed

toomanyb
04-11-2009, 01:36 PM
I use Replay Media Catcher for the previously record videos, but havent been able to capture anything from the Live races or QP so far this year.
I have tried Replay AV8 too.

EDIT - today I managed to capture the live feed, problem was, the video stuttered terribly but the audio was fine??

I do not know what is wrong?

dmoo1790
04-15-2009, 05:50 PM
I use Replay Media Catcher for the previously record videos, but havent been able to capture anything from the Live races or QP so far this year.
I have tried Replay AV8 too.

EDIT - today I managed to capture the live feed, problem was, the video stuttered terribly but the audio was fine??

I do not know what is wrong?

I'm having the same problems. Still investigating but it seems (1) that the bit rate is much lower than last year (around 1 Mbit/s vs ~2+ Mbit/s) and (2) the motogp.com morons have changed the encoding.

1 Mbit/s will never be enough for any motorsport. I plan to complain to motogp.com about this.

When I play the Qatar 2009 motogp captured stream with Media Player Classic it reports that it is using a different codec compared to last year. And I have problems with stuttering video (audio is fine) and the stream is not seekable. Streams captured last year all play smoothly and are visibly better resolution.

I bought Replay Converter last night (cheap upgrade for me) and tried several types of conversions (to AVI, MP4, MPEG-2) at ~1500 kbit/s. Most failed to play back with any software I have (MPC, WMP, QuickTime, MediaPortal). MPEG-2 at (supposedly) 2 Mbit/s plays more smoothly (but still slightly rough) but I have a problem with audio-video sync and video plays too fast. Also took a long time to transcode, probably more than 1.5 hrs but I went to bed before it finished.

I will report any successful results but I have to say the idiots at motogp.com really $#@&! me off. Less quality and more coding problems for a not cheap paid service. Not acceptable IMHO.

adamryan
04-17-2009, 02:34 PM
hey you guys, this is my first post. i'm just curious which way may be easiest to grab this video:

http://www.hklove.org/forum/viewthread.php?tid=283&extra=page%3D3

I've tried grabbing it with BitRecorder, it didn't work.
RealPlayer can't grab it.
It doesn't show up with File2HD.com.
I can't find the actual video, even though I used URLSnooper2.
my RMC is outdated, and idk if it'd be able to pick it up anyways.

anyone else got any ideas?

-adamryan