PDA

View Full Version : Can't Capture Youtube

Columbo
03-06-2009, 07:28 PM
I purchased the Replay Suite a while ago and it worked fine capturing Youtube video clips. Today I tried capturing a clip and it does not seem to work any longer.

I select the "Recording Wizard", select "Record something now", then I select "Capture a video clip or Audio archive from the internet" and when the dialog box opens up I start the Youtube clip. The url appears in the dialog box and I then select "Add Selection as new recording", I make sure that the record now box is checked and click "Done".

Replay A/V8 shows the filename and it says "CONNECTING". Then it immediately changes to showing the current date and does not record anything. There is no file created.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this would be happening or have a suggested solution? I am using Windows XP.

Thanks

Jeff Lenney
03-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Transferred Ticket to Replay AV Forum

brooksagnew
09-09-2009, 11:14 PM
In factm I have tried dozens of flash segments. It worked once and never worked again. I have exactly the same issue with the record wizard. I get a CONNECTING, then a date, and nothing ever records. No URL shows up int eh URL Finder...ever.

stream-recorder.com
09-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Try Replay Media Catcher. It can record videos from YouTube for free.

Please note that some videos on YouTube like TV shows use secure RTMPE protocol and can't be downloaded with Replay Media Catcher or Replay AV.

Cheryl Wester
09-10-2009, 08:04 AM
In AV use the URL Finder. Open up AV and Select Tools-URL Finder. Then go to what you want to capture and if it has a good URL it will appear

carlobee
09-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Replay Media Catcher seems to be failing to capture some streams of YouTube

is this related to this thread?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg