PDA

View Full Version : Problem capturing with Replay A/V - missing data packets?

guypuz
04-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi,

I recently purchased the Replay Capture Suite and am very happy with it overall. It works fine capturing almost anything from almost anywhere! :) I have had trouble, however, trying to download streaming video (Windows Media) from one particular site with Replay A/V, and wondered if anyone has any solutions...

When I capture videos from this site (www.nrk.no - for a specific example: http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/219180 ), some of them will download completely, but then when I play back the downloaded file, the video and audio freeze for stretches of 40 seconds at a time every few minutes (this happens more frequently in some videos than in others). They then resume, having skipped ahead by the 40 seconds or so that passed. I have tried using the search bar in WMedia Player and VLC Player to move back and rewatch the missing sections, but the same thing happens.

I wonder whether this is due to missing data packets or keyframes or something like that, but I have had no problems with any other sites, and the connection should be fast enough...

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance! :)