PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Record DVD Video

Mikeinky7
03-01-2009, 05:54 PM
I am attempting to record video from my DVD player being played in Windows Media Player and, as others have mentioned, the resulting mpeg-2 output file has audio but no video. I have tried checking the "Disable Video Acceleration" in RVC Settings and moving my hardware acceleration setting to "None". However, when I move the hardware setting to "None" I get no video in Windows Media Player when I attempt to play the DVD. I seem to be out of options...please help.

I'm using a Dell Precision M4400 running XP Professional with an NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M video adapter and using Window Media Player 9.

Cheryl Wester
03-03-2009, 10:38 AM
See if adjusting the hardware acceleration to the middle is going to work. Also, try and use the different setups in video capture. If windows media 9 is not working try MPEG 2. Thanks.

Mikeinky7
03-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, I tried every possible hardware acceleration setting and every RVC setup option...still nothing. I'm wondering if maybe it's time to give up and get my money back?

Cheryl Wester
03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Contact tech support if you continue to have this problem. Thanks.

03-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Well, I tried every possible hardware acceleration setting and every RVC setup option...still nothing. I'm wondering if maybe it's time to give up and get my money back?

I HAVE EXACT SAME PROBLEM & TRIED EVERYTHING U DID, STILL NO LUCK.
HAVE U BY CHANCE RESOLVED THIS PROBLEM, IF YES HOW, AL

Mikeinky7
03-09-2009, 06:47 PM
No, I have not been able to resolve the issue. Seems like Applian just has not kept up with the latest technologies that users have on our equipment. It's pretty frustrating for a program that SHOULD be a LOT more user friendly.

Mikeinky7
03-10-2009, 06:19 PM
After talking with tech support from ANOTHER application, it appears that the probem may be that most of the newer dvd players have their own built in accelerator. Windows Media Player and Real would not even work on my laptop with my hardware accelerator set to "None". The other vendor suggested that I download the "VLC Media Player" from the site Videolan.org. It's free and it seems to have solved the problem. SO, I set my hardware accelerator to "None" and the VLC Media Player was still able to play the DVD. Then I was able to capture the dvd with the "Disable Video Acceleration" box in RVC NOT checked and the Video Format set to MPEG-2.

Hope that helps!

Mike

jmoney
05-10-2009, 03:32 AM
Having the same issue...seems kind of odd that the RVC application needs to have the hardware acceleration disabled when all the DVD playing software needs to have the acceleration turned on to even play a DVD. I tried downloading the VLC Media Player and all that gave me was a pixelated playback that was useless.

stream-recorder.com
08-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Having the same issue...seems kind of odd that the RVC application needs to have the hardware acceleration disabled when all the DVD playing software needs to have the acceleration turned on to even play a DVD. I tried downloading the VLC Media Player and all that gave me was a pixelated playback that was useless.
Most screen capture applications will record only black square when hardware acceleration is turned on. Few programs can record from overlay. VLC is a nice free solution for the problem.

Cheryl Wester
08-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Try using a different DVD Player to see if that works better for you. Also, do make sure you are using the latest version of the program.

Cheryl Wester
08-15-2009, 06:35 PM
See what happens when you try and record using a different DVD Player. Thanks.