PDA

View Full Version : Convert file fails

AgentX
03-01-2009, 02:40 PM
I just purchased Replay Media Capture to record a BBC iplayer stream (having tested with success the trial version). The stream downloads fine but the converter (in tools) fails to convert it to any other format for viewing.

I downloaded the stream a couple of times in case it was corrupt but still no joy. No other tools I tried will convert the resulting .flv file either.

Seems to play OK in Applian Flash Video Player - but that's not what I was after.

Intel Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, Firefox.

Would be grateful for some pointers.

AgentX
03-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Update - I notice that the downloaded file stops about a quarter of the way in - so I guess the problem is with the download, not the conversion.

AgentX
03-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Update 2: I now have a complete downloaded file which plays fine in Applian Flash Video Player but when I try to convert it to MPEG 4 it appears to be converting for a long period then crashes and tries (unsuccessfully) to close Replay Media Catcher.

Tasha Heinlein
03-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Neither Media Catcher or Replay Converter is able to convert BBC iPlayer files as of right now. We are working on an update to Replay Converter that will be able to handle these files. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

AgentX
03-02-2009, 06:24 AM
OK -thanks for that. I bought the software specifically for that task so I will await news of an update.

LongView
03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
I',m also wanting to convert the FLV from iPlayer, having bought RMC for that exact purpose. I can't reduce the clips to the bit I want without being able to convert them. So keep us posted when you can do this.

Tasha Heinlein
03-04-2009, 11:02 AM
We released an update to Replay Converter. Please install this and let me know if you are able to convert files from the BBC iplayer. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

AgentX
03-05-2009, 07:04 AM
I downloaded the demo version of Replay Converter and it converted the file. The picture was greyed out and the sound disappeared over the last five minutes or so - maybe these are just features of the demo version?

Do you intend to implement the new conversion algorithm in Replay Media Catcher?

Tasha Heinlein
03-05-2009, 08:45 AM
We have no plans to enhance the converter within Media Catcher at this time. Open a support ticket within the Replay Converter department for the problems you had. This is not normal behavior for the demo version. They should be able to help you figure this out.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein