PDA

View Full Version : How to Record a GoToMeeting webinar live?

raskinentllc
02-26-2009, 09:44 AM
I purchased the bundle package and love it. I cannot figure out how to record GoToMeeting webinar live. Can someone please help?
Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
02-26-2009, 06:35 PM
The best program in the suite for this is Replay Video Capture. Give it a try and see how it goes.

raskinentllc
02-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Where do I fine instructions for that?

Tasha Heinlein
02-26-2009, 09:49 PM
You can check out the Replay Video Capture User Guide (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/support/user_guide.php). We also have a few tutorial videos (http://applian.com/support-videos.php).

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

ncraynee
06-04-2009, 08:06 AM
GoToMeeting does not create a URL that can be used record a GoToMeeting event.

How can I use this product to capture an event.

If WM Recorder will work, can I capture both video and audio using the tools.

Cheryl Wester
06-04-2009, 11:03 AM
You need to use the screen capture and not a stream capture program for this. That is why we have suggested that you use Replay Video Capture. Thanks. Also, this is a forum for the Replay product line. We don't have a forum set up for the WM line. You will get prompt assistance from tech support for issues relating to that line.

Jon Eilers
12-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I use RVC daily to record GoToMeetings. First open RVC and keep it in the bottom right corner, in Settings I set up in dropdowns, I use the minimal quality to minimize file size and output when it is complete is Great.. I set my output folder to where I want it on my Drive (saves time later). I keep RVC open and in the bottom right corner. I can be logged into the webinar or not at this time. Once the webinar starts, I adjust the window of the webinar to the top left/center. I click on Get Window in RVC and mover the little squares according to the window I want to capture. I then click RECORD, it takes a second to get started, yet it starts. When the webinar is complete I hit STOP in RVC, click on view in RVC and rename the file accordingly. DONE! --- Caution, Remember that if you open and/or move or Anything gets into the capture window you are recording, it will show up in Playback; that is why I move the webinar up to the left area when I start.

carlobee
12-13-2009, 07:43 PM
thanks for that reminder Jon! :)

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

cabowabo
06-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Hello. I purchased the Suite yesterday for the primary purpose of recording Webinars. I understand that I need to be using RVC and have gone through the great How-To-Videos and the Users Guide. I have also read the helpful blogs, especially the one by Jon Eilers.

However, I am still having difficulty getting the audio test to work correctly. Can someone help me with some recommendations? I am using W7 64-bit with on-board audio (no card) and Firefox . After pressing the Audio Setup/Test, I can hear the "bubbles" through my speakers, but it is NOT successful. I get the following error msg: Recording from internal source not available or could not be detected! Choose another Audio Input or another Audio Source from the list above. The audio input called Stereo Mix, Wave Out or What you Hear usually indicates that recording is available.

The only 2 items in the drop down Audio Source is Microphone and Line-In. The only item available in the drop down menu for Audio Inputs is Master Volume.

Any ideas anyone?!?

TIA,

Lyle

cabowabo
06-24-2010, 09:41 AM
I decided to try and simply record video while waiting on assistance for the audio issue above. Well, I'm having difficulty with that as well! After I launch RVC and click Get Window and place the box over the desired window portion, and then click Record, RVC never records but continues to give me the message in the green box "initialize recording...". If I try and Stop, Windows says the program has stopped responding!

I need some help! The online help videos make this look so simple...not yet!

Can someone from Applian give me a call where we can get this taken care of in a timely manner and at one time? Thanks in advance! Lyle

stream-recorder.com
06-24-2010, 01:20 PM
I decided to try and simply record video while waiting on assistance for the audio issue above. Well, I'm having difficulty with that as well! After I launch RVC and click Get Window and place the box over the desired window portion, and then click Record, RVC never records but continues to give me the message in the green box "initialize recording...". If I try and Stop, Windows says the program has stopped responding!

Can someone from Applian give me a call where we can get this taken care of in a timely manner and at one time? Thanks in advance! Lyle
The "initialize recording..." problem usually happens when your audio is not configured properly. You can easily check whether this is the case by going to Settings and choosing not to record audio. Don't forget to return the Setting back after trying to record.

Setting up audio in RVC should be very easy. If you have problems with it, please specify the settings that you use (vista audio recording enabled or not) and the OS that you have.

cabowabo
06-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Hello and thank you for your reply and suggestions!

I am still having difficulty getting the audio test to work correctly. Can someone help me with some recommendations? I am using W7 64-bit with on-board audio (no card) and Firefox . After pressing the Audio Setup/Test, I can hear the "bubbles" through my speakers, but it is NOT successful. I get the following error msg: Recording from internal source not available or could not be detected! Choose another Audio Input or another Audio Source from the list above. The audio input called Stereo Mix, Wave Out or What you Hear usually indicates that recording is available.

The only 2 items in the drop down Audio Source is Microphone and Line-In. The only item available in the drop down menu for Audio Inputs is Master Volume.

Any other thoughts?

Cheryl Wester
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Please submit a ticket to tech support if you do have this issue. You will need to let us know what version of windows you are using and if you are using windows media or MPEG 2 for recording. Also, often a reinstall will do the trick for this.

stream-recorder.com
06-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Hello and thank you for your reply and suggestions!

I am still having difficulty getting the audio test to work correctly. Can someone help me with some recommendations? I am using W7 64-bit with on-board audio (no card) and Firefox . After pressing the Audio Setup/Test, I can hear the "bubbles" through my speakers, but it is NOT successful. I get the following error msg: Recording from internal source not available or could not be detected! Choose another Audio Input or another Audio Source from the list above. The audio input called Stereo Mix, Wave Out or What you Hear usually indicates that recording is available.

Any other thoughts?
You may need to install a driver from your hardware manufacturer or alternative drivers to make Wave-out mix available in Windows 7. Sometimes this is possible, sometimes not.

If don't have the Wave-Out mix for your on-board sound card, you can use "vista audio recording" option. Although it has Vista in its name, it works fine in Windows 7.

BlackRaven
09-29-2010, 07:38 AM
I purchased the complete suite this morning with a view to recording a meeting this afternoon. I only wanted to recorded the other users, not my own voice, and did the test which came up fine.

I have just played the video though and there is no sound! Bit annoyed really as I tried some free software a while back which did the same and was told this product was the solution to my problem :(

I am using Windows XP, and the RVC software. Stereo mix appeared and the test said it worked.

BlackRaven
09-29-2010, 07:54 AM
I purchased the complete suite this morning with a view to recording a meeting this afternoon. I only wanted to recorded the other users, not my own voice, and did the test which came up fine.

I have just played the video though and there is no sound! Bit annoyed really as I tried some free software a while back which did the same and was told this product was the solution to my problem :(

I am using Windows XP, and the RVC software. Stereo mix appeared and the test said it worked.

Have just used the Media Catcher Audio Recorder and that worked. So it is obviously capable of recording the video, and sound - I just need the prog to do both together!!

stream-recorder.com
09-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Have just used the Media Catcher Audio Recorder and that worked. So it is obviously capable of recording the video, and sound - I just need the prog to do both together!!
Go to the Settings of Replay Video Capture and try to use the Universal Audio Driver. It seems to be the same driver that is used in Replay Media Catcher for recording sound. Also make sure to start Replay Video Capture first, THEN open your web-browser and navigate to a web-page you want to record from.

kthom01
09-29-2010, 09:27 AM
I just got Replay Video Capture last night, got the setup and test recordings going just fine, I started a record at 3 this morning of a live training meeting on Go To My Webinar, did a quick test, that was fine but when I go up to view the recording, all I had was a couple of hours of a freeze frame of where I started the recording again. Any ideas? Anything different about Go To My Webinar as opposed to Go to My Meeting? I read all the posts here last night.
Thanks

stream-recorder.com
09-29-2010, 10:42 AM
I just got Replay Video Capture last night, got the setup and test recordings going just fine, I started a record at 3 this morning of a live training meeting on Go To My Webinar, did a quick test, that was fine but when I go up to view the recording, all I had was a couple of hours of a freeze frame of where I started the recording again. Any ideas? Anything different about Go To My Webinar as opposed to Go to My Meeting? I read all the posts here last night.
What video codec were you using?

Have you tried to play the recorded video with players other than Windows Media Player (like VLC, KMPlayer)?

Can you upload your video somewhere so that we can take a look?

kthom01
09-29-2010, 11:11 AM
What video codec were you using?

Have you tried to play the recorded video with players other than Windows Media Player (like VLC, KMPlayer)?

Can you upload your video somewhere so that we can take a look?

I don't know about codec. No on other players, everything I tested with last night worked. It was so large, I deleted it, I'll try again tomorrow if the same problem happens, I'll upload it, just let me know how and where.

stream-recorder.com
09-29-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't know about codec. No on other players, everything I tested with last night worked. It was so large, I deleted it, I'll try again tomorrow if the same problem happens, I'll upload it, just let me know how and where.
If you go to the Settings you can find out whether MPEG-2 or WMV is used.

You can upload your file to any file sharing site, for example:

http://www.mediafire.com/

BlackRaven
09-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Managed to sort my issue out - had to SELECT the stereo mix in audio properties as well as in the software.

On another machine though still doesn't work. Doesn't have stereo mix option, and the universal audio also came up blank.

stream-recorder.com
09-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Doesn't have stereo mix option, and the universal audio also came up blank.

Are you saying that the "Enable" checkbox under the "Universal Audio Driver" can't be checked??? What OS do you use?

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6507/rvcr.jpg

BlackRaven
10-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Are you saying that the "Enable" checkbox under the "Universal Audio Driver" can't be checked??? What OS do you use?

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6507/rvcr.jpg

No, Sound, audio properties doesn't have stereo mix, and when I used Universal Audio Driver it had video but no sound.

stream-recorder.com
10-01-2010, 10:17 AM
No, Sound, audio properties doesn't have stereo mix, and when I used Universal Audio Driver it had video but no sound.
When you use the Universal Audio Driver, make sure to start Replay Video Capture before starting your web-browser. Otherwise you may get no sound.

enj
12-15-2010, 04:57 PM
I've been using RVC for years...no problems...
TODAY I tried to record a Go To Meeting session and...
after I set the Window and hit Record, it immediately Stopped... I tried multiple times with the same result...
What gives... doesn't RVC like CITRIX or is there some setting I'm missing???
Thanks in advance...
Ed

Jeff Lenney
12-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I've been using RVC for years...no problems...
TODAY I tried to record a Go To Meeting session and...
after I set the Window and hit Record, it immediately Stopped... I tried multiple times with the same result...
What gives... doesn't RVC like CITRIX or is there some setting I'm missing???
Thanks in advance...
Ed

Have you recorded citrix sessions before? Last I heard - it did NOT work well with VPN/proxy sessions - so that very well could be your problem.

enj
12-16-2010, 10:12 AM
No, have not recorded CITRIX sessions...
Is there any way around this limitation...

stream-recorder.com
12-17-2010, 01:29 AM
I have recorded several GoToMeeting webinars without any problem. The only problem I had that I needed to launch Replay Video Capture before GoToMeeting to record sound.