PDA

View Full Version : Slacker logs off for "unusual activity"

nightryder2309
02-22-2009, 11:23 AM
I am trying to use Replay Media Catcher with slacker.com - the problem I keep encountering though is that it records a couple of songs and then slacker.com logs me out for unusual activity. Is it that slacker has recognized RMC or is there something I didn't download with my version? I tried the same thing with replay music and it worked until I got logged off for inactivity (but that's to be expected). I just want to know what to do about this.

I am using Vista 32-bit, operating on both the latest firefox and IE, and have RMC v3.01

Tasha Heinlein
02-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Replay Media Catcher does not work with Slacker, you will need to use Replay Music on this site! Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

jataka
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
According to http://applian.com/recording_solutions/show_service-id-18.html Media Catcher is able to record Slacker. The web page suggests you "uncheck Capture HTTP Streams and check the Web Stream Dumper under settings when capturing from Slacker."

I was able to record Slacker.com but some of the music files are named like WEBDUMP_0F64158C.tmp. I don't know what this means. I was unable to find a description of WEBDUMP on Applian website.

Tasha Heinlein
02-25-2009, 09:09 PM
You are correct. We just changed this after doing some testing with this site. If you end up with a tmp file, try renaming the extension to see if it will play. In some cases you may need to re-record. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.