PDA

View Full Version : Recording two Sirius programs at the same time.

epete
02-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Sirius has two programs that I like to record and they are on at the same time. 1st Wave's Saturday Night Safety Dance 10PM - 4 AM and Alt Nations Boombox with Liquid Todd 10PM - Midnight.

When I set these two events I only get one recording.

The 1st Wave folder gets a M3U, CAP and show Activity log, while the Alt Nation Folder gets a CAP file, Activity Log Update and the ASF file that contains the program.

When listening to the Alt Nation ASF file, I see that it is 2 hours in length as scheduled, but about 1 minute into the recording, it switches to the 1st Wave program.

Am I to assume that the feature of recording two programs at once on Sirius does not work?

Cheryl Wester
02-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Please make sure you are using stream capture and that you have not used all of your logins for Sirius. Remember, for most accounts, they give you 10 logins a day and each recording with AV is a separate login. Also, if you split each split is a separate login so that could also be a problem. I am recording two separate programs right now with Sirius without an issue. Do try it again and if you continue to have a problem let us know. Contact tech support as your log file and additional information will be needed.

epete
02-22-2009, 05:51 PM
OK, I have four accounts but have entered the one that is tied to High Bandwidth. So you are saying I can only login 10 times on each of my accounts? That is an interesting fact. I don't think this is the problem as the scenerio that I wrote down has happened consistantly for 3 weeks in a row. I do not split recordings, it's one large file.

I will have to look into "stream capture". I assume this is an option available on ReplayAV somewhere. Curious as to what this method is and if I am not already using it, what method am I using?

epete
02-22-2009, 05:57 PM
OK, found stream capture. It looks like it requires I find the "hidden" URL that the stream is on. I assume the proceedure is to go onto Sirius.com and play the stream, use the ReplayAV tool to ID this stream and select it for recording. If this is correct, do I have to do this each week I wish to record this or will the URL remain the same each week?

If I need to generate a URL each week that would somewhat defeat the purpose, but I may have an alternate solutuin using uSirius Shareware.