PDA

View Full Version : Non-identification of tracks. Weak excuses.

Bardino
02-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Applian, you have a serious problem with Replay Music. Loads of customers are having problems with your new track-recognition engine after you left Gracenote. I have read ALL your explanations and have tried them ALL. They are not dependable. The latest versions just do not work. Period. The only thing that works is to revert to a previous version that uses Gracenote. Then the application works excellently. I love it. But you are ruining a perfectly good product by continuing to sell a degraded application. The big question is: Why? There must be some other explanation for this. Is there a licensing problem with Gracenote? If there is, why not just say so? But making customers try all sorts of non-workable workarounds just promotes badwill.

I love this product when it works. Please. Either fix the application or give us customers a believable explanation, not lame workarounds that just cause frustration and badwill.

Again, thank you for a great application (the version that works, that is!).

JubalEarly
02-21-2009, 07:07 PM
I was so impressed with RM after using it for a couple of years I upgraded to the total package and now nothing works well. I like many others emailed for help but no one from appllian tech responded. I feel like I got ripped off but that's not what really pisses me off. It's how they took a great product and turned it into garbage and now they don't care.

My guess is that there has been a change at the top and so QM and integrity with the public has taken a backseat to mediocrity. What a shame because I recommended this software to my friends and now I look like a moron.

Applian needs to go back to Grace Note or figure out Vista and get things right or at least have an area where one can download the earlier version. Nevertheless, I think it's a Windows Vista problem and so any version one downloads would be problematic.

Applian needs to come clean on this!!!!!!!

:mad:

Cheryl Wester
02-21-2009, 11:31 PM
We pride ourselves on answering all tickets in a timely manner. If you have submitted a ticket to tech support and not received a response let me know the ticket number you received and I will track it down. You are correct that Vista has made it difficult to capture audio but we use Replay Music all the time with it successfully.

Make sure you are running the program as an administrator with Vista. Go to the program file name and right mouse click it. Select properties. Go to the compatibility tab and change it to run as an admin. This should correct a lot of issues. If it doesn't let us know in tech support and we will get back to you. We will need to know what you are trying to capture from and see a log file. Thanks.

JubalEarly
02-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Well I am back in the music recording biz for now. What I am curious about is will it require that admin tweak every time I want to run RM? Now I am going to see if that will work on all the other programs I paid for. :p

Thanks Ms. Wester, you are the bomb!:)

JubalEarly
02-22-2009, 01:10 PM
I noticed that Admin Tweak must be used every time I fire-up RM otherwise it won't recognize tracks. Can something be done to give it permanent admin rights?

Thanks

JubalEarly
02-22-2009, 04:06 PM
This is well explained on this link (http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-run-a-program-in-vista-with-administrator-rights/) but only 18/26 were identified on Slacker.com.

muskrat897
02-22-2009, 05:40 PM
We pride ourselves on answering all tickets in a timely manner. If you have submitted a ticket to tech support and not received a response let me know the ticket number you received and I will track it down. You are correct that Vista has made it difficult to capture audio but we use Replay Music all the time with it successfully.

Make sure you are running the program as an administrator with Vista. Go to the program file name and right mouse click it. Select properties. Go to the compatibility tab and change it to run as an admin. This should correct a lot of issues. If it doesn't let us know in tech support and we will get back to you. We will need to know what you are trying to capture from and see a log file. Thanks.

I run RM on my Dell Vista PC. I have no problems at all. Love your software.

JubalEarly
02-23-2009, 06:22 AM
I recorded 56 songs on Rhapsody and it worked great. However, not the same can be said on Slacker.com. I am not sure if I should permanently set RM for XP or for an earlier version on the Vista compatibility window?

Cheryl Wester
02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
When you set it up for admin rights it should stay set up for you without changing anything again. I have never had this issue with it not staying. Thanks.

forgitaboutut
03-21-2009, 06:04 PM
? cant change to admin . ?
Privlage level won't hilight...can you tell ne how to change this :o
I hate Vista!

Cheryl Wester
03-22-2009, 08:41 PM
If you install the latest vesion of Replay Music you won't need to worry about the admin as it will ask you about that when it runs.

http://www.applian.com/replay-music/demo.php

Download the demo over what you already have and it will enter your activation code for you.

muskrat897
04-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Grace Note has, in the last month, stopped identfying artists, tracks. Help?:confused:

Cheryl Wester
04-29-2009, 10:46 AM
That is why you need to update to the latest version-it doesn't use Gracenote. Thanks.

Anthrsckmnd
04-29-2009, 01:30 PM
I am running version 3.56 and when I am using this program with rhapsody, I'm still not getting any track information. What do I need to do to get track recognition?

jjn
04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
I am running version 3.56 and when I am using this program with rhapsody, I'm still not getting any track information. What do I need to do to get track recognition?

Same thing here!!!
I'm using Pandora and yesterday everything was fine.
Today all tracks I record have no info.
It's happened on both of my computers.
Both are running 3.56

jjn
04-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Same thing here!!!
I'm using Pandora and yesterday everything was fine.
Today all tracks I record have no info.
It's happened on both of my computers.
Both are running 3.56

Well, now the tagging is working.
Very strange....

Cheryl Wester
04-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Make sure you are using the web based version of Rhapsody and it should work for you.