PDA

View Full Version : RVC is not working with windows 7

MoparMan
02-17-2009, 12:23 PM
As some, I have switched to windows 7 64bit beta almost fully just because of its speed, usability and reliability. I am also a user of other applian products (RMC and RC) and being RMC is all but dead I thought about purchasing RVC, but as a test I tried the demo, and it fails horribly.

How it fails is that it does not pick up audio AT ALL, as-in not even the generic driver shows up in the test settings section of the app.

Here is the url of my exact pc and hardware (dell) (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WV64&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1&servicetag=C9B3HH1&SystemID=INSP_DSKTP_518&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex=)

If this issue gets fixed I would gladly give this option a try.

MatthewC1000
02-17-2009, 05:37 PM
As some, I have switched to windows 7 64bit beta almost fully just because of its speed, usability and reliability. I am also a user of other applian products (RMC and RC) and being RMC is all but dead I thought about purchasing RVC, but as a test I tried the demo, and it fails horribly.

How it fails is that it does not pick up audio AT ALL, as-in not even the generic driver shows up in the test settings section of the app.

Here is the url of my exact pc and hardware (dell) (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WV64&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1&servicetag=C9B3HH1&SystemID=INSP_DSKTP_518&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex=)

I'll look into it...thank you for reporting that!

:)

MatthewC1000
02-17-2009, 09:49 PM

It appears that Windows 7 is muting the Recording Control in setting (new DRM measures by Microsoft)
causing audio less captures (disables the audio capturing Applian .dll Drivers)
Windows 7 operating system has not been fully released to the public so,
I would recommend trying another Operating system for the time being...

Kind Regards.

MoparMan
02-20-2009, 01:42 AM
ty for the info. I do have a question reguarding this.

Until a fix or a workaround is found, is their any other alternitives to this?

I would prefer freeware tools since RVC is not working with win7 (and winVista, well, lets not go there, and downgrading all the way to XP can be painfull on some of these newer systems), but trial versions would also be welcomed.