PDA

View Full Version : Auto convert to MP3 does not work

madkiwi
02-17-2009, 09:43 AM
I am thinking about buying Replay A/V for a single purpose- to record scheduled streaming talk shows for uploading to an MP3 player for listening to later in my car or while working (I live in a town with only one talk radio station- and I don't care for Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity).

So I am using the trial version to see if it will do what I want, and I already ran into a big problem.

I set it up last night to record 2 of my favorite hosts (Glenn Beck and Laura Ingraham fyi). I also set it to convert to MP3 after recording. No problems with finding working feeds, and both actually recorded for 5 minutes this am (simultaneously even!). However, when I look at the Replay A/V main menu the status for both shows say "Preparing to convert MP3". What? The shows were recorded over 2 hours ago! How long before it moves on from "Preparing" to "Doing"?

I tried opening Replay Converter and received an error message "R C has detected a version of R C already running". So something is happening- just not to completion.

Can anyone shed some light on what is preventing this from working?

Cheryl Wester
02-17-2009, 11:39 AM
What format are the original files in? What version of the converter are you using?

madkiwi
02-17-2009, 05:45 PM
The files are asf.

The software is whatever comes with Replay AV 8.52C. Actually, even though I cannot start the program manually, I was able to use Process Explorer to examine the properties. It is version 2.08.0000.0000 dated 4/20/2007 1:37 AM.

madkiwi
02-18-2009, 09:40 AM
THE FILES ARE ASF.

I could not be more clear. The saved audio files that were streamed and captured were in ASF format. First line of my post.

It fixed itself anyway, after I used Process Explorer to close all instances of your programs and restarted Replay AV. I now worry it may do this again, but for now we're golden.

Cheryl Wester
02-18-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm glad it is working for you. If you continue to have a problem let us know either through the forum or tech support.