PDA

View Full Version : Aspect Ratio - no control over this?

RaisedOnFish
02-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi all

I am new here so please treat me like you would a soft little kitten.....

I have recently started using Applian software and am very impressed with the capabilities the various modules offer. Obviously there are some things you come across which suggest room for improvement but having tried lots of other software I think that Applian do a very very good job. However, I do have a fairly major issue with Replay Converter which has me puzzled.

It would appear that there is no control whatsoever over the aspect ratio of a converted video file. I find that this renders Replay Converter as virtually unusable most of the time - unless the source file is in 4:3 format. Most stuff these days is 16:9, or custom sizes and surely it's essential to be able to match the aspect ratio of the converted file with the original?

This seems so restrictive that I am wondering if I am missing something obvious here - maybe there is a way to control aspect ratio but I haven't discovered it yet? Can anyone help me on this?

Many thanks from a Newbie... still hiking cautiously on that video highway into the wilderness!

DonnyB
12-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Hello. I also am new here, and have been using Replay Converter v.3.60 to burn video files (.avi) to DVD. I too have been having trouble with the aspect ratio 16:9 squeezed into a distorted 4:3 ratio.

I saw an older thread which suggested right-clicking on the source file and change options, but see no way to force the correct aspect ratio to the converted and burned file. This is the latest version of Converter, so I'm at a loss.

I upgraded to v.3.60 because it included burning to a DVD, but this problem makes the software useless to me. Help, please.

glores
01-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I am also a relatively new user and am having exactly the same problem with Replay Converter v.3.60. The software will not be much good to me until I can convert to avi and preserve the widescreen aspect ratio.

(I have also tried the suggestions in the earlier thread to no avail.)

Cheryl Wester
01-09-2010, 10:11 AM
When you load a file into the converter right mouse click the format you want to convert to. Do an edit and see if that makes a difference for you.

glores
05-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Cheryl, as others have said in similar threads, nothing seems to make a difference. No matter what settings are specified MC simply will not convert a widescreen video and preserve the aspect ratio. You have indicated in your replies to other posters that Applian are aware of the problem - are you able to advise when it's likely to be fixed?

Cheryl Wester
05-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Please contact tech support as a log file and additional information will be needed. This issue has been corrected in this version so we need to take a closer look at it.